Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Terrain uses Ariat’s exclusive Duratread outsole which is known for its durability and slip resistance. Its toughness does not interfere with the comfort and flexibility the boot provides.
- It also features the ATS (Advanced Torque Stability) technology, which is mainly responsible for the steadiness of the boot. It promotes proper gait and aims to reduce fatigue. The shank enhances stability and works with a variety outsoles.
- Ariat’s Terrain combines a full-grain leather and Cordura upper for optimal durability. Both materials are robust and resistant to various ground elements.
This boot is offered in men's and women's sizes. The lace-up closure system includes notches for ankle flex. It promotes support and comfort, especially when bending. It also avoids pressure points on the instep. The padded collar adds comfort.
The Duratread rubber outsole of the Terrain is designed to be highly resistant to slips and oils. The tread pattern is non-marking and grips on different grounds. The flexibility of this material renders a more optimal performance.
The midsole of the Terrain uses Ariat’s exclusive technology, the Advanced Torque Stability (ATS). It is responsible for maintaining the stability and comfort of the boot by promoting proper posture and fatigue reduction. The moisture-wicking top layer of the footbed keeps a cool and dry feeling. It also adds to the upper’s ability to resist moisture. Underneath, the footbed is gel-cushioned on the heel and forefoot to facilitate shock absorption and to provide comfort. It utilizes a composite forked shank which enhances stability and adds support. These features work with different types of use-specific outsoles.
The ATS technology works with the EVA orthotic footbed of the boot. This lightweight foam provides cushioning, acts as a spring and does not absorb water.
The upper is made of leather and Cordura. Full-grain leather (the type used in this product) is known to be the toughest and most resistant to the elements. Its durability is tested and proven over time. Cordura fabrics are also long-lasting, adding to the Terrain’s toughness. Likewise, it is abrasion-resistant. The upper also has a pull loop attached to the heel. It allows easy on and off.
- Aside from hiking, the Terrain line is designed for the endurance training needs of consumers. This boot can be worn in barns, ranches and during any equestrian-related activity.
- It can also be worn as a work boot. One of its key features is a 90-degree heel that improves grip on ladder rungs.