|Features:||Lightweight | Breathable | Orthotic friendly|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Material:||Leather, Mesh upper, Rubber sole, Vibram sole|
|Colorways:||Black, Brown, Green, Grey, Purple|
|SKUs:||1019233301, 1019233BLK, 1019233DKSW, 1019233GMS, 1019233LAG, 1019233WAL, 1019233WLDD|
Reviews from around the internet
- The second version of the Ahnu Sugarpine Air Mesh optimizes comfort through the improved design of its upper. All of its metal eyelets are now updated with leather reinforcements to boost its durability. A pull loop at the back exited this model.
- A new feature incorporated in the Sugarpine II Air Mesh is the Numentum Hike technology. This unit includes EVA midsole for lightweight cushioning and shock absorption, stability postings for neutral positioning, and TPU shank and forefoot plate for enhanced performance.
- This iteration of the Sugarpine Air Mesh still comes equipped with a Vibram outsole. It takes care of surface traction.
The Ahnu Sugarpine II Air Mesh is a low-cut trail shoe for female adventurers. It is offered in medium (standard) width only. It is manufactured in whole and half sizes. It has a lace-up closure which allows owners to customize the fit. Generally, it runs true to size.
The Ahnu Sugarpine II Air Mesh uses a Vibram outsole for a grippy ride. Its non-marking lugs are able to provide traction on almost all types of terrain. The chevron-like lugs placed at the center render multidirectional grip.
The Sugarpine II Air Mesh from Ahnu employs the Numentum Hike unit. This technology includes an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole that yields optimal shock absorption. Stability postings—also made of EVA—are placed at the medial and lateral sides to facilitate a neutral gait. A TPU shank is integrated for torsional rigidity, preventing unwanted twisting of the ankle. At the forefoot, the brand’s designers added a shock dispersal plate to protect the foot against stone bruising, especially when tackling rugged terrain. A Numentum insole cradles the foot, magnifying comfort.
This Ahnu hiking shoe wears a breathable mesh upper. This design helps keep the user’s feet cool and comfy. The waterproof leather overlays are placed along the sides of the shoe with an extra layer attached at the front (toe) and back (heel). These reinforcements enhance the shoe’s durability while providing additional trail protection.
Ahnu’s engineers incorporated Aegis Antimicrobial into the shoe to keep it odor-free. This feature is embedded into the fabric which wards off the development of odor, helping keep the interior fresh and dry.
For fit management, the lacing system of the Sugarpine II Air Mesh uses four pairs of punched metal eyelets. They are strengthened by triangular strips of leather.
Proper care and maintenance will help extend the life of Ahnu Sugarpine II Air Mesh. The following tips can help keep it in good condition:
- Clean the shoe’s upper using a mild soap and cold water. Use a soft-bristled brush (an old toothbrush is okay to use) to remove excessive dirt.
- Hand-wash the footbed using a mild detergent and soft-bristled brush.
- Allow the hikers to dry naturally. It is not recommended to dry them under direct heat or prolonged exposure to sunlight.