Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground is definitely not just your ordinary speed cleat. This flagship from Adidas does not only wow with a bright and bold silhouette, but it is also packed with the brand’s top innovations that truly make it one stand-out cleat on the pitch. Compared to its predecessor, the Adidas X 17+ Purespeed Firm Ground, this new generation soccer cleat has underwent a major redesign.
- Crafted to perform with a highly-responsive touch, this soccer cleat is lined with a Skeletalweave upper, which consists of an ultra-thin grid of woven yarns. This lightweight upper provides a direct touch as well as a form-fitting wrap around the foot, resulting in a second-skin feel.
- This Adidas cleat also highlights a low top Clawcollar that has been carried over to the Adidas X 19+ FG model. Engineered to somehow resemble a claw, this collar works to fasten the foot into the shoe for supreme stability. Moreover, this firm lock-in, alongside the upper’s skin-tight fit, eliminates the need for laces. Hence, its sleek laceless design.
- Another feature of this soccer cleat is its Standout 3D molded heel that reinforces a secure fit. This detail also provides cushioned zones that allow optimal movement of the ankles.
- On its base, the firm ground version of the X 18+ sports an Ultralight Speedframe outsole. This lightweight sole utilizes a perforated design that facilitates acceleration. Moreover, firm ground stability owes to the cleat’s stud configuration that combines Arrowhead forefoot studs with round heel studs. This setup enables players to make smooth shifts in movement on the pitch.
A skin-tight, locked-in fit is what wearers can expect from the Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground. Constructed with a laceless design, this soccer cleat relies on its low-cut collar and its Skeletalweave upper to ensure a snug wrap around the foot. This soccer cleat has been released in a men’s version only and comes in the standard sizes. It is known to fit true to size.
For its sole, this soccer cleat wears the Ultralight Speedframe outsole that utilizes perforations for acceleration. It also features a unique combination of Arrowhead forefoot studs and round heel studs that deliver excellent traction on natural grass pitches.
For its upper, Adidas has fitted this soccer cleat with an ultra-lightweight and super-responsive Skeletalweave upper. This upper wraps snugly around the foot and caters a direct touch on the ball. It also highlights a low cut Clawcollar that gives the foot a locked-in fit, eliminating the need for laces.
- The Adidas X 18+ Firm Ground is also available in trainers variation. This model also has a kids' version.