Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17+ 360 Agility Firm Ground features the Agility Bandage around the midfoot. It is an elastic material that provides a compression suit-like fit and feel.
- It also uses the revolutionary Torsion Tapes for a new fit experience. It offers excellent lockdown when making extreme movements.
- The Agility Knit 2.0 is also a part of the upper of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17+ 360 Agility Firm Ground. This soft and lightweight material offers the perfect fit right out of the box.
- The Dual Lock Collar of this laceless soccer cleat offers additional lockdown and stability in the ankle area.
- Its lightweight outsole, called Gambetrax 2.0, provides excellent traction and explosive acceleration on natural grass.
Due to the elasticity of its upper, the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17+ 360 Agility Firm Ground provides a tight, snug fit. This laceless soccer cleat is available in sizes 6.5 to 13.5 in men’s version only. It is not recommended for those who have excessively wide feet. Some reviewers suggest going half a size down your usual size to get the best possible fit.
The Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17+ 360 Agility Firm Ground uses the lightweight Gambetrax 2.0 outsole that is similar to previous Messi soccer cleat models. With its combination of conical and triangular studs, it offers excellent traction on both firm ground (FG) and artificial grass (AG) playing surfaces.
The stud layout is the same as the rest of the Adidas soccer cleats. It has four studs in the heel and six studs in the forefoot. The little triangular support stud found in the middle of the forefoot has Messi’s logo on it.
The soleplate has an iridescent finish that gives off a rainbow effect. It comes with a warning sticker that the finish does wear off over time.
One of the three materials used in the upper of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17+ 360 Agility Firm Ground is the Agility Knit 2.0, instead of the Agility Knit 1.0 found in previous models. This foot-hugging, mesh-based synthetic material is found in the toe box and heel areas of this soccer cleat. It offers a soft and natural feel on the ball.
This innovative soccer cleat also uses Torsion Tapes which is inspired by sports taping. It wraps around the ball of the foot for excellent lateral and medial support and lockdown when making quick changes of direction. Instead of the Nemeziz text found on the standard version, these tapes have Messi’s logo and name printed in bold letters.
Adidas used the Agility Bandage in place of the lacing system. It is composed of a series of elastic bandages that cover the midfoot. This technology is helpful in keeping the foot locked in place and creating a more personalized fit.
The upper of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17+ 360 Agility Firm Ground is covered in Non Stop Grip (NSG) technology. It is Adidas’ wet control element that helps maintain this soccer shoe’s grip on the ball both in wet and dry conditions.
Then there’s the Dual Lock Collar which is made up of two strips of Agility Bandage. They allow better stability and enhanced lockdown without restricting the ankle. You can find small silicon dots underneath the bandage to grip your sock and help keep your foot from moving around.
This laceless soccer cleat has an internal heel counter and a soft padded lining to prevent heel slippage. It also has a removable insole with perforations and a synthetic suede finish. These three components contribute to the comfortable in-shoe feel of this soccer cleat.
- The general design of the Adidas Nemeziz Messi 17+ 360 Agility Firm Ground is inspired by the ancient ritual of sports taping by boxers, martial artists, and even ballet dancers. It is believed to enhance performance and stability around the foot.
- This soccer cleat weighs 7.02 ounces.
- It is also available in kids unisex version in sizes 10.5K to 6.
- Soccer fans can personalize their shoe with their name on it for a minimal fee.
- This soccer cleat is available in other firm ground variation such as the Adidas Nemeziz 17+ FG.
- Its 2018 versions are the Adidas Nemeziz 18.1 Firm Ground and Adidas Nemeziz 18+ FG.