Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- There has not been a lot of updates in terms of the technology put into the Adidas Copa Mundial FG since it was released. Although the technology used in these soccer cleats is dated, it makes up for the quality of materials used. This shoe is known for using 100% premium quality kangaroo leather. Needing little time to break in the pair, comfort is a given for these soccer cleats even from out of the box.
- With the EVA Die Cut midsole, the pair provides a more natural feel by adapting to the shape of the foot. This allows for support while adding comfort. The soccer cleats also have a synthetic lining.
- To provide a good mix of grip and maneuverability, Adidas incorporated a 12-stud design into this model.
- Lastly, the soccer cleats feature a central lacing system to secure it in place and a fold-over leather tongue.
A central lacing system similar to the one found in the Adidas Samba Classic is used to customize the fit for this pair.
The shoe features a full kangaroo leather upper that is considered as premium quality. The natural leather covers the forefoot, the midfoot and the heel area to give a uniform feel when wearing the shoe. Additionally, the natural leather provides an incredible fit and touch when striking the ball and ensures durability. An indoor soccer cleat called the Adidas Mundial Goal shares the same look as this shoe.
Engineered for firm ground, the brand moulded twelve studs into this cleat. It features four studs on the outer part of the sole, three studs in the inside and a middle one for support. All of the studs are of the same length; although the ones in the heel area are a bit larger - this is for a better running experience.
The Adidas Copa Mundial FG also features a dual-density outsole for a more cushioned experience.
Adidas Copa Mundial Samba Collection
Applying the Samba treatment on the Copa Mundial collection exploded into vivid color combinations in celebration of the 2014 World Cup held in Brazil. Quite obviously, the limited edition releases get their inspiration from Samba and the Brazilian culture. Colorways available within this collection is the Blast Purple, Vivid Berry, Solar Blue, Solar Zest and Solar Slime.
Adidas Copa Mundial ‘White’ Edition
Released in 2013 in preparation of game season, this limited edition Adidas Copa Mundial ‘White’ soccer cleat sports a kangaroo leather upper just like its original counterpart. The upper is adorned with black details such as the Three Stripes’ logo, the studs, a part of the tongue and heel areas, and its laces.
- The Adidas Copa Mundial FG continues to be one of the top-selling soccer shoes today.
- These soccer cleats were specifically created for the 1982 World Cup in Spain.
- The creator, Adolf Dassler, failed to see its release because of his death in 1978.
- It is a little-known fact that there is a team of technicians in Germany that creates hand-crafted Adidas Copa Mundials.
- Legends in the soccer field including Franz Beckenbauer, Michel Platini, Zico, Lothar Matthaus, Kaka, Zinedine Zidane and a number of others sported the pair over the years.
- In 2013, Adidas reimagined these cleats in white and did a special edition release. The next year, they had them in several colors (Solar Blue, Solar Slime, Solar Zest, Blast Purple, Vivid Berry) in honor of the FIFA World Cup held in Brazil.
- In 2017, ‘The Shoe Surgeon’ released a limited edition, reworked version of the Adidas Copa Mundial. Releasing only 25 pairs, the new model featured a new BOOST midsole and a transparent D Rose 7 gum sole.
- Some retailers offer the option to personalize your cleats by adding your name and/ or flag on your cleats.