Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- Building from the previous soccer cleat model, there were several changes showcased into the Adidas Ace 17.1 Firm Ground soccer cleats. This model features a women and men’s version as well.
- Starting with the upper of the men’s version of these cleats; instead of having a full PrimeKnit cover like its predecessor, this model fused it with a new technology called ControlSkin - this material has been primarily placed in the midfoot while the PrimeKnit covers the toe-box. For women, the Adidas Ace 17.1 features a Kangaroo leather forefoot with a PrimeMesh on the quarter.
- Being the only model featuring a lacing system in the Adidas Ace 17 silo, the Adidas Ace 17.1 men’s model features three lace holes above the toe box to create more stability to the cleat. The women’s version features a traditional lacing system.
- While the tongue is non-existent for the men’s version, it has a PureCut control fit collar which is elasticated and helps the foot slide in and out of the cleat. A pull-tab on the heel is also available to slip into the cleats with ease.
- The inside of these firm ground soccer cleats features a synthetic leather liner that adds comfort when worn.
- The soleplate utilizes the SprintFrame technology which was also used in the Adidas Ace 16 line.
With the lacing system included in the Adidas Ace 17.1 Firm Ground, it has a customized and snug sock-like fit. The lacing system found is similar to that of the well-known Adidas Predator 18.1 FG as well as the Adidas Predator 19.1 FG cleat. These soccer shoes are available in men’s sizes 7 to 10.5. And the women’s version is available in sizes 5 to 10.5.
Making small but notable changes to its predecessor, the Adidas Ace 17.1 for men still, features a PrimeKnit upper with the addition of the ControlSkin technology in the midfoot.
The PrimeKnit offers support by wrapping the forefoot all the while maintaining comfort. It also helps keep water and debris out. On the other hand, the ControlSkin, which is a thinner and more structured version of the PrimeKnit, covers the midfoot. This technology makes sure that the soccer cleat has a snug fit and ensures lockdown.
Furthermore, the upper for the women’s version is kangaroo leather and a PrimeMesh quarter. This combination ensures comfort and a sock-like fit to help the player move with instinct.
Utilizing the SprintFrame outsole, this soccer shoe is extremely lightweight and can hold up to high speeds while maintaining stability. Designed for firm grounds, the shoe features the Total Control stud alignment which is made out of conical studs. The stud design allows for free movement without being stuck in. Furthermore, while the soleplate is stiff, it still has enough flexibility in the toe box.
Adidas Ace ‘Pyro Storm’
Cleats drenched in the Pyro Storm colorway looks fiery on the pitch. The color selection includes a color combo of Solar Orange and Black. Models including the Ace 17+ Purecontrol, the Copa 17.1, the Nemeziz 17+ Agility as well as the X 17+ Purespeed sport these colors with different color arrangements. The Adidas Ace 17+ Purecontrol, for example, is predominantly orange with bold black Three Stripes logo.
Adidas Ace ‘Dust Storm’
The eclectic look of the Dust Storm color pack manages to blend with the sleek makeup of the Adidas Ace 17+ Purecontrol. The upper is bathed in a fade-away effect with the collar area sporting the darkest hue from the palette. On the forefoot area moving up to the midfoot, a milky shade is used. Breaking away from the neutral hues is the silo and brand’s neon-colored logos, which are integrated into the medial side and front part of the collar area.
Adidas Ace ‘Energy Aqua’
The Energy Aqua color pack has more or less the same feel with Adidas’ Dust Storm color pack. This color scheme also makes use of a gradual fade-out effect starting from the forefoot area to the collar. The colors used, however, are ocean hues from a Legend Ink to an Energy Aqua shade. The brand logo, on the other hand, manages to stand out with its white coloring.
- Players including Mats Hummels, Manuel Neuer, Aaron Ramsey, Keylor Navas, and several others sport the Adidas Ace 17.1.
- The men’s version of these cleats is available in several colorways including PyroStorm (Solar Orange, Black and Metallic Gold), Ocean Storm (Energy Aqua, White, Legend Ink), Magnetic Storm (Core Black, Utility Black), Dust Storm (White, Solar Yellow, Core Black) and Turbocharge (Solar Green, Black).