Footjoy Hyperflex BOA
Best price from 54 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
32% say it's too large, 62% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Footjoy Hyperflex BOA: Modern performance golf shoes
Building on the popular Footjoy Hyperflex's strengths, the Hyperflex BOA now features updates such as its innovative closure system and materials. It highlights lightweight comfort, stability, support, and grip to aid in optimal performance.
The shoe has been spotted being worn by big names in golf, such as Jimmy Walke and Charles Howell III.
What you'll love about the Hyperflex BOA
- Lightweight comfort and support in crucial areas are provided by the upper's engineered performance mesh.
- It provides the freedom to play in wet conditions and still keep your feet dry, thanks to its waterproof design.
- Underfoot comfort, support, and stability are brought about by the StratoFoam cushioning and EVA Fit-Bed insoles.
- Lockdown fit in an instant is delivered by the BOA dial placed in the heel area.
- Excellent traction is provided by the removable cleats in the sole.
- Flex and ground contact helps keep you stable and your shoe to move with you. This is provided by the OptiFlex zones in the outsole.
Footjoy Hyperflex BOA vs. Hyperflex
These two offerings are well-loved for their unique reasons. But which one is better for you?
Below are the updates of the Hyperflex BOA from its older sibling.
- The BOA iteration uses engineered mesh for more targeted support and flex in appropriate areas.
- The newer version employs StratFoam cushioning to provide a balance between comfort and energy return compared to the previous version's Fine Tuned Foam, a lower level cushioning offered by the brand.
- The later release goes futuristic with BOA dials placed in the heel, which offers a "down and back fit" that locks in from the forefoot to the heel.
- Both shoes employ the spiked sole design for optimal grip on the turf.