Who should buy the Fizik Infinito R1 Knit
The Infinito R1 Knit’s conception is driven by its predecessor’s success and the idea of providing something unique to Fizik’s patrons. It is a solid option if:
- You are looking for a cycling shoe rigid enough to shield the feet against tensions and harm.
- A bike companion that offers a well-fitting experience is what you are after.
- You prefer a shoe that has both functionality and style.
Who should not buy the Fizik Infinito R1 Knit
The Infinito R1 Knit might not be ideal for cyclists in search of a shoe that offers adequate water resistance. A couple of owners lament that the shoe’s upper material is somewhat absorbent. Also, budget-conscious riders and thrifty bike enthusiasts might have to take this Fizik pair off their list and look elsewhere. Many find this shoe's price to be quite high for their liking. They are better off with the Fizik Tempo Powerstrap R5.
The coziness of Fizik Infinito R1 Knit
Almost all the buyers affirm that the Fizik Infinito R1 Knit feels amazingly comfortable. One reviewer even said the shoe is "slipper comfortable."
Stiff and efficient
Most cyclists attest that this road cycling shoe’s full carbon soles yield excellent power transfer, thanks to its stiffness.
Handsome and lovable
A significant number of wearers find this pair’s design to be stylish and good-looking. Furthermore, A couple of buyers love this Fizik model’s colorway options.
Handy fit system
A good number of users appreciate the footwear’s highly adjustable retention system.
Fizik Infinito R1 Knit: First knitted pro cycling shoe
The Infinito R1 Knit’s conception is driven by its predecessor’s success and the idea of providing something unique to Fizik’s patrons. With this, the shoe shares the same features as the Infinito R1 except for an updated knit upper.
Developed alongside pro cyclists, this road bike shoe is engineered for power-fueled cyclists who participate in professional-level races.
Highlights of the Infinito R1 Knit
- Race-level power transfer. This bike footgear is equipped with elite outsoles made from pure carbon. All carbon fibers are placed facing a single direction, yielding the most efficient power transmission to the bike with every pedal.
- Comfort and support. The knit material is produced using electronic knitting machines with the ability to change the yarn direction for varying support in key areas of the shoe. This results in a flexible yet supportive fit.
- Unique style. Knitted cycling shoes are rare, and spotting riders wearing one almost warrants HEAD turns and compliments.
- Water-repellent. The upper is treated with a water-repellent solution. Hence it can shrug off light rain and road spray.
Other knit/breathable road bike shoes
Giro Empire E70 Knit. This shoe allows excellent airflow, making it ideal for summer rides. While its lace-up closure best serves cyclists who love the classic look of laces. Unlike the pro-level Infinito R1 Knit, this pair is recommended to hobbyists due to its less stiff soles.
Scott Road RC Ultimate. Like the Infinito R1 Knit, this footwear also yields excellent power transmissions, but it is more breathable and lighter than the former.