Who should buy the Five Ten Gym Master
The Five Ten Gym Master is a decent climbing companion, especially for those who are new to the sport. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a climbing shoe that is built for wearers who prefer to send projects indoors.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that is opted to give the Gym Master a stiff midsole to provide climbers with as much mounting support as possible.
- Prefer a climbing shoe that is specifically engineered for boulder-type pursuits.
The Five Ten Gym Master's profile
Downturn. The Gym Master is a neutral rock climbing shoe. Its toe zone virtually has no downward camber, which allows users to smear and get into slots with relative ease. Downturn-less kicks like the Gym Master offer lasting comfiness on extended multi-pitch climbs.
Applications. This beginner-friendly climb-centric shoe is specifically engineered for boulder-type pursuits. It is primarily designed for indoor (gym) use.
Size and fit
The Gym Master from Five Ten is a low-top rock climbing shoe for men. Its washable upper promises no stretch. The foot can lie flat within its straight (non-asymmetric) confines. Climbing enthusiasts can get a personalized lockdown in it courtesy of the shoe’s Velcro strapping system.
Maintains grip on a variety of surfaces
This neutral climbing shoe from 5.10 produces and maintains grip on a variety of surfaces with its Stealth Marathon rubber outsole. Senders can expect to complete projects on it without leaving a mark on the wall, thanks to its non-marking construction.
Lightweight and highly resilient
The Five Ten Gym Master comes with a stiff midsole for extra support. It is made of a lightweight and highly resilient material called thermoplastic.
Concealing the foot from plain sight in the Five Ten Gym Master is a below-the-ankle upper made of washer-friendly canvas. It comes built with a textile liner for added cushioning.
Easy to wear
Access to and from its plush interior is made quick and easy with the shoe’s split tongue and synthetic heel pull loops. Five Ten designers coated its lower perimeter with hard-wearing rubber, granting climbers multi-directional surface adherence as a result.
The Gym Master’s upper comes full circle with its Velcro closure. This fit management system uses a pair of straps made highly adjustable with hook-and-loop fasteners.
Nice to know
- Fans of neutral climbing shoes might want to try out either the Evolv’s Defy or the Scarpa Helix.
- Five Ten also offers some of the best moderate rock shoes out on the market, which include the Anasazi VCS and the Anasazi Pro.