Who should buy the Evolv Rebel
The Evolv Rebel blurs the line between approach shoes and skate sneakers. It fuses urban style with the comfort and support of a durable climbing shoe. Hikers stated that it sets itself apart from the crowd by being hike-and climb-ready without being too bulky and rigid.
Who should not buy the Evolv Rebel
To a couple of purchasers, they wish that the Rebel could be roomier overall. They also stated that getting on ledge-like projections seems to be its weakest link. If you are looking for an approach shoe that can take you where you need to be and help you tackle hiking challenges a lot less worrying, you might want to check the La Sportiva TX Guide Leather.
Features of the Evolv Rebel
- The Rebel is the ultimate performance lifestyle shoe that has the styling of a modern lifestyle shoe with the performance and structure of an outdoor shoe for the climber
- The shoe rebels against the boring looking old-school technical shoes and also against the pure lifestyle shoes which are not durable or technical enough for outdoor and urban adventures
- It has a lightweight feel and water repellent upper, a cushioned midsole coupled with a rubber toe cap for durability and heel side reinforcement for stability
- These shoes will comfortably take you from school or work to the gym, to the cliffs, to the cobblestone streets of Europe, and the after-parties
- Trax® Enduro Rubber Outsole
- Rubber Toe Cap
- Gusseted Tongue
- Water Repellent Upper
Grippy and stable on uneven terrain
Hikers who wear this shoe stated that it provides excellent traction and stability on uneven terrain.
Reliable support and shock-absorption
With its compression-molded EVA midsole, many players stated that it has reliable support and shock absorption.
Hikers stated that this shoe has a breathable interior and provides long-lasting underfoot comfort.
Durable and stable
Hikers stated that its rubber toe cap increases the shoe's durability and the heel side reinforcement increases stability for an amazing performance feel.
Lightweight and water repellent upper
Hikers stated that this shoe offers a lightweight feel and amazing water protection.
Evolv Rebel vs. Cruzer Psyche
In this comparison, two Evolv approach shoes are pitted against each other—the Rebel and the Cruzer Psyche. The following are their key differences:
Price. The Cruzer Psyche is cheaper than the Rebel by about $20.
Weight. In this round, the Cruzer Psyche bags the crown by being approximately 50 g lighter than the featured shoe.
Weather protection. Between the two Evolv kicks, only the Rebel has water repellency.
Takeaway: If you need something quite light and affordable, look into the Cruzer Psyche. On the other hand, if you need that extra beefiness in damp conditions, opt for the Rebel.