Who should buy the Evolv Addict
This slip-on rock shoe caters to both beginner and intermediate climbers. Its relaxed design allows new-to-the-sport individuals to enhance their skills and provides comfort to frequent climbers when sending technical slabs.
Who should not buy the Evolv Addict
Evolv Addict is a neutral-styled slipper climbing shoe. Its flat profile and slight asymmetry offer all-day comfort for all climbers. If you are looking for a climbing shoe that has been positively received for its comfort, sensitivity, and stickiness, you might want to check the Five Ten Moccasym.
Evolv Addict notable features
- Evolv Addict is a technical all-around rock climbing shoe. It caters to newbies enhancing their skills at the gym and to experts looking for all-day comfort. Its leather upper is designed with the brand’s very own Variable Thickness Rubber (VTR) for -optimal grip and durability.
- Underfoot, it comes with a full-length midsole and outsole. The former yields support, and the latter sticks to the ground.
The Evolv Addict's elastic closure
The Evolv Addict is a men’s-only rock climbing shoe. The elastic closure helps keep a snug fit. Its unlined leather upper will stretch up to one whole size. Its asymmetric shape forces the foot into a curved position for concentrated power to the inner edge of the toe. Additionally, individuals can also purchase the Addict in split sizing (at an additional cost) through Evolv’s website.
Grippy on different rock types and plastic holds
The Evolv Addict yields an optimal balance between friction and durability. Climbers commented that its stickiness is effective on different rock types and plastic holds.
Incredible supportive platform
Climbers mentioned that this rock climbing shoe has a supportive platform and it increases their climbing performance.
Comfortable and breathable leather upper
The Addict from Evolv uses an unlined leather upper. Climbers love the comfort and breathability that it provides. They also mentioned that it is incredibly durable.
Easy to wear
Climbers stated that wearing this climbing shoe was very easy as it provides dual tabs at the back of the shoe and a slip-on design.
Evolv Addict vs. Five Ten Moccasym
In the climbing shoe world, the Evolv Addict and Five Ten Moccasym are the two most often compared rock shoes. This section lists some of their notable differences.
- Pricing. The Addict costs $25 less than the Moccasym, with the latter falling in the bucket of premium-priced rock shoes.
- Weight. The Five Ten Moccasym earns a point in this department as it weighs 16 g less than the Addict.
- Pull tabs. Aside from the dual tabs at the back, the Moccasym attaches an extra pull loop at the top of the tongue for a much easier on and off.