Men’s sizes from 5-14 and women’s sizes from 5-11 are offered for the Etnies Callicut LS. It fits true to size and comes in medium width. However, some testers found it too narrow. A dependable fit is provided by its leather upper, while the lace-up closure ties up the shoe tightly. It’s constructed as a low top that does not hinder the ankle’s movement.
The low-top Etnies Callicut LS is versatile enough for a day or night out, as well as for the office or dressier occasions. It has a minimalistic approach that can be paired with different casual looks. Shorts or jeans along with a t-shirt in neutral or bold colors will emphasize the sneaker's retro style. For a more dressed-up flair, a pair of slacks and a shirt will show off the shoe's subtle elegance.
A classic leather look with a sports-inspired appeal is featured on the Etnies Callicut LS. There is minimal padding on the tongue and collar, while the metal eyelets and flat laces complete the sneaker's timeless flair. Stitch detailing all over the upper adds a preppy touch to the shoe.
The Etnies E logo is on the quarter panel, stylized with perforations. There are also perforations on the toe, which provide ventilation. Meanwhile, the Etnies label is also on the tongue and heel.
Former pro skater Pierre Andre Senizergues built up the Etnies brand into what it is today. The company was established in 1986 in France and was formerly called Etnics before being changed due to legal issues. Three years after its founding, Senizergues joined the brand and brought it over to the United States.
Etnies is now based in Lake Forest, California, operating as a subsidiary of his company, Sole Technologies, Inc. It is the first ever brand to be owned by a professional skateboarder. With him at the lead, the brand produced such classics as the Senix and Scam models. Another modern classic is the Etnies Callicut LS, an update to one of the classic styles from the brand’s archive.
The silhouette is made slimmer, while the design elements of the original Callicut are retained. A simple yet stylish vibe is offered by these lifestyle shoes, which can be worn with different outfits. With their timeless appeal, they embody the Etnies design principle of classic meets contemporary.
- This shoe has a vulcanized construction for enhanced durability.
- The sneaker’s soft fabric lining is moisture-wicking.
- Comfort and cushioning are provided by the Foam Lite 1 sole.
- Resilience is improved with the shoe’s cupsole construction.
- The midsole has an egg-crate design that offers responsive support.
- Some models feature a smooth leather upper while others don a suede exterior with a heel and tongue made of smooth leather.
- The Etnies Callicut LS is offered in various colorways. The white models often have touches of color in the heel for added pop. Other color options include black/gray, burgundy/white and black/white.