Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
Massive improvement from what was already a great boot. The upgrades are fantastic.
Once you get a closer look at the new Velocita 4 Pro, it’s easy to see why Antonio was so anxious to get his hands on them. The boot has been created following extensive wear testing from players at all levels, with the aim of working with the natural movement of the foot.
- Dubbed as a UFO a.k.a. Unbelievably Fast Object, the Umbro Velocita 4 Pro Hard Ground soccer cleat is designed for agility on the pitch. The upper of this soccer cleat is made with a lightweight material which is a combination of two different elements - a textile material fused with a TPU element.
- Additionally, a Neoprene sock-like feature found in the internal construction of the shoe allows for a snug fit. The result of this is a three-layer construction which allows for flexibility and an ultimate foot lockdown. This sock-like material is also apparent in the third generation Umbro Velocita Pro HG shoe. A central lacing system is also included in the soccer cleat’s construction to further its fit.
- In the heel counter, an anti-slip section is included in the shoe’s construction to aid foot security and lockdown during fast play.
- Similar to the Umbro Velocita 2 Pro HG soccer cleat, the outsole of this shoe model is created from a Pebax-based material. This material is also what’s used on the highly popular Nike Mercurial Superfly VI Elite FG. The soleplate features a stud configuration which has a total of twelve studs placed in the heel and forefoot areas. The studs used are a combination of conical and arrow-shaped ones. The material and stud pattern used is made for durability and traction in firm ground courts.
The Umbro Velocita 4 Pro Hard Ground hugs the player’s foot through it’s three-layered upper which lends way to a snug and secure fit. This three-tier construction includes a textile material mixed with TPU element and a Neoprene elastic layer which brings a sock-like fit. It is available in men’s sizes ranging from sizes 6 to 11.5. A central lacing system is incorporated into the shoe’s construction to optimize fit personalization.
The upper of the Umbro Velocita 4 Pro Hard Ground soccer cleat is constructed with a fusion of materials which includes 60% textile and 40% TPU. Its predecessor, on the other hand, had an upper made of less textile material.
In addition to this, the shoe has a Neoprene internal element which allows for a sock-like fit. Featuring a three-layer construction, this soccer cleat is engineered to bring flexibility while maintaining a secure fit.
While sporting an essentially tongueless design, a traditional lacing system is included in the soccer cleat’s construction to further personalize the shoe’s fit. Additionally, the heel area has an anti-slip feature which helps secure the player’s foot in place.
The base of the Umbro Velocita 4 Pro Hard Ground soccer is a Pebax-based outsole. This material is a common feature among speed cleats as it allows for agility on firm ground courts because of its lightweight quality. The stud configuration includes a number of stud types including conical and arrow-shaped studs.
The heel area features four arrow-shaped studs while the forefoot incorporates four conical studs and four arrow-shaped studs, as well.
The Umbro Velocita 4 Pro is available in several colorways including:
- Black/ White/ Marine Green
- Black/ White/ Caribbean Sea
- Black/ White/ Acid Lime
- Star soccerers such as Michail Antoni and Gaston Ramirez are known to have worn this soccer cleat model.