|Weight:||Men: 181g | Women: 181g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 4mm | Women: 4mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Forefoot strike|
|Heel height:||Men: 24mm | Women: 24mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 20mm | Women: 20mm|
|Release date:||Nov 2018|
|Width:||Normal, Wide | Normal, Wide|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Grey, Red, White|
|SKUs:||BKGR, BKLM, BKMT, BKW, BLRD, RDOR, WGRN, WNVR|
Reviews from around the internet
- 77/100 by RunRepeat
- 99/100 by Believe in the Run
- 99/100 by Road Trail Run
- 97/100 by Road Trail Run
- 95/100 by Road Trail Run
- 93/100 by Runner's World
- 92/100 by The Ginger Runner
- 92/100 by Running Northwest
- 98/100 by Running Warehouse
- 98/100 by Road Trail Run
- 91/100 by Gear Institute
- 98/100 by Belive in the Run
- 90/100 by Happy Feet
- 85/100 by oakley450
- 97/100 by Road Trail Run
- 95/100 by Triathlon Taren
- 92/100 by UltraRunnerPodcast
- 97/100 by cheyne inman
- 96/100 by Marathon Training TV
- 96/100 by Seth James DeMoor
- 95/100 by Doctors of Running
- 94/100 by Seth James DeMoor
Video reviews and unboxing
- As far as updates go, the most noticeable one in the Skechers GOrun Razor 3 Hyper is its naming convention. The previous iteration of the Razor model belonged in the GOmeb series, which is named after—and created with the help of—Olympic medalist Meb Keflezighi. For this third release, the Razor joins the GOrun line, as it is now created solely by Skechers.
- The shoe utilizes a non-stretch upper with a seamless construction that provides the necessary comfort for long-distance runs. The rest of the upper’s structural details remains the same, except for the addition of the word “SPEED” printed across the side of the shoe.
- Meanwhile, the biggest change in this new version is the midsole. The GOrun Razor 3 Hyper introduces the Hyper Burst, which is a foam created using a unique process from Skechers. Dubbed as the Super Critical process, the method makes the Hyper Burst foam lightweight and resilient.
The Skechers GOrun Razor 3 Hyper is built as a unisex footwear that follows the sizing scheme of men’s running shoes. Women are recommended to go 1.5 sizes down to get a comfortable fit. The guide from the brand’s website indicates that the sizing follows the standard of men’s running shoes, as well as buyers claiming that the shoe is true-to-size. Meanwhile, the width also caters to runners with low to moderate foot volumes. The GOrun Razor 3 Hyper is available in Medium width of men’s shoes.
Skechers employs basic carbon rubber in the outsole of the GOrun Razor 3 Hyper. The material is placed in strategic areas of the underfoot to efficiently supply traction and durability where necessary. Like this shoe, the Fresh Foam Arishi v2 from New Balance also does away with the simple yet functional carbon rubber outsole.
The Hyper Burst midsole of the GOrun Razor 3 Hyper is a unique midsole foam that is created with what the brand claims as a “Super Critical” process. The Hyper Burst starts as basic ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) that is injected with carbon dioxide to make it even more lightweight and resilient. The result is an ultra-responsive midsole that is amped up by durable and protective properties.
The shoe also includes the M-Strike, a unit that is inserted within the midsole to make the center prominent, thus encouraging a midfoot strike. With the M-Strike, the runner develops a more efficient stride, as well as a faster pace.
A lightweight ripstop mesh provides the necessary coverage as the upper of the GOrun Razor 3 Hyper. This material is durable while still promoting airflow.
Atop the mesh upper is a set of 3D-printed overlays, which deliver comfort and support to maintain a contoured fit. These details have minimal weight to retain a cozy feel.
The upper is also allocated with a molded heel counter. It contributes to a stable and secure fit by holding the foot in place.