Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 4 expert reviews
I do think that it is a definite improvement over the original version of the shoe.
The PUMA ONE Chrome Edition gives players all they need to shimmer and sparkle on the football pitch, turning them into the centre of attention and providing them with the confidence necessary to compete at the very highest level.
And whilst the it’s the appearance of the boots that instantly draws you to it, there are a few technical features that we’ve got to bring to your attention.
Every aspect of this PUMA ONE boot has been given that high class, superior feel. The chrome outsole is for sure an eye catcher that translates to an exclusivity and elusiveness on the pitch, whilst the aluminum inspired colourway of the upper calls out to the metals main properties of strength and lightness that tie in perfectly with the benefits of the microfiber upper that has been specially engineered for this edition.
- The most noteworthy feature of the Puma One Chrome is its all-synthetic metallic upper. It gives a soft, direct touch on the ball and a new twist to the shoe’s overall look.
- The EvoKnit sock, an elasticated material that makes up the collar of this soccer cleat, wraps the ankle creating a snug, locked-in fit.
- The lightweight Pebax outsole and the stud pattern provide optimal traction on dry, natural grass for maximum speed.
Due to the synthetic upper’s pliability, the Puma One Chrome can fit medium to wide feet. This soccer cleat is available in sizes 7 to 14 in men’s version only. Women who want to have the shoe should go 1.5 sizes down than their usual size.
The extra shiny outsole of the Puma One Chrome is made of Pebax material. This lightweight sole plate is flexible in the forefoot and rigid in the midfoot and heel areas for enhanced responsiveness when you are at an explosive pace. The reflective chrome finish will chip off over time.
The stud configuration is a mix of bladed and conical studs that offer aggressive traction on dry grass. Thus, it is easier to do quick cuts and changes of direction.
The one-piece construction of the Puma One Chrome uses an all-synthetic microfiber upper that comes with a brushed chrome finish and a nice shine to it. The soft synthetic upper is thin and offers an excellent touch on the ball.
The EvoKnit material is found where the tongue should be and extends to the collar. This knitted material is lightweight and hugs the ankle for a snug fit without compromising support.
The heel area has an internal counter. It also has a pull tab that can be used to efficiently get the foot into the shoe.
The close-up lacing system runs through the middle of the soccer cleat.It has standard lace holes and three nylon straps that run down and underneath the sole plate. These lace loops provide a more customized fit and additional lockdown.
- The Puma One Chrome is headlined by Antoine Griezmann.
- This soccer shoe is also available in the junior version in sizes 2 to 6.5.
- It weighs 7.2 oz.
- Football fans can have their shoes personalized with their names and flags for a minimal fee.
- It comes with an extra set of Super Light (SL) insoles.
- This soccer cleat is a colorway rendition of the One collection which features soccer cleats such as the Puma One 18.1 K-Leather Firm Ground and Puma One 18.1 Syn FG.