Review coming soon
Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG has just been released by Puma . Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
Puma used the same way of constructing the boot as they have done with the older Ones. It has a larger and a bit thicker k-leather piece than the previous model, but it remains soft and pliable.
Puma enlarged the kangaroo leather toe box. It has some 3D foam dots for more texture and grip on the ball.
I love the new lacing options and the new color does seem a lot more streamlined for speed and most importantly, the comfort is still there and that to me is what the One is all about.
Also, making a clear difference to the Future is the supersoft Kangaroo leather upper that is seriously, insanely soft straight off the box.
- The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG has the perfect mix of comfort and speed. It comes with a variety of upgraded features compared to its predecessor. Puma enlisted the help of Antoine Griezmann, Thierry Henry, and some young athletes during the development of this state-of-the-art soccer cleat.
- The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG is built with three separate elements on its upper: a soft kangaroo leather forefoot, synthetic midfoot, and an improved version of the evoKNIT collar. Together, these components make the One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG one of the most comfortable Puma soccer cleats on the market to date.
- A new technology found on the Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather is the FuseFit technology. It offers several customizable lacing options while maintaining a sock-like fit on the ankle area.
- The Ignite technology, Puma’s branded heel cage and foam midsole, is also present on this soccer cleat. It provides excellent stability and support in the heel.
- For excellent traction on firm ground (FG) and artificial grass (AG) pitches, this soccer cleat has the Rapidagility soleplate. It is also lightweight and reactive to help the user speed past the opponents to score a goal.
The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG has a relatively narrow fit. Although the forefoot is made of leather which can stretch over time, the majority of the upper is made of synthetic material. Therefore, it is recommended for players who have narrow feet. It is available in sizes 7 to 13 in men’s version only.
The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG uses a lightweight Pebax outsole with an external heel counter. It is lightweight, flexible, and responsive. A perfect combination for players who are built for speed.
Its stud configuration is composed of elongated and conical studs. They offer excellent traction on both natural and artificial grass playing surfaces.
This tech-heavy soccer cleat comes with the famous Ignite midsole. It is an innovative foam technology that provides responsive and allows maximum energy return. With this tech, the player can run faster and longer.
The upper of the Puma One 1 Leather FG/AG is divided into three separate parts. The forefoot is made of very soft and pliable kangaroo leather, the midfoot is made of quality synthetic, and the collar features the evoKnit sock. It provides superior ball touch and control.
EvoKnit is a one-piece sock construction that extends from the center of the shoe to the ankle area. Aside from increased comfort around the ankle, it also offers a supportive fit and a breathable barefoot feel.
The 3D foam dots on the surface on the upper offers enhanced grip of the ball, while the larger Formstripe on the side of the shoe adds more stability in the midfoot.
- The Puma One 1 Illuminate Leather FG/AG weighs 7.2 ounces.
- It is available in synthetic version.
- This soccer cleat comes in kids version as well. Sizes ranges from 4 to 6.5.
- Both the Puma One and Puma Future cleats were released in World Cup colorways in 2018.
- Top soccerers who were seen wearing this modern cleat include Sergio Agüero, Héctor Béllerin, Julian Weigl, Mario Balotelli, Cesc Fàbregas, Gianluigi Buffon, Olivier Giroud, and Giorgio Chiellini.