Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
For probably around 80 bucks, I think this is one of the best deals out there now especially if you were curious about trying out the Netfit system. It's definitely not a perfect product for those that want a little bit lighter.
- The Puma Future 18.2 Netfit FG/AG is the first takedown model of the Puma Future 18 series. While there are a lot of significant differences between this soccer cleat and the top-tier Puma Future 18.1 model, the Netfit technology is still noticeably present in the Puma Future 18.2 Netfit FG/AG.
- The one-piece upper construction of this soccer cleat is made up of a form-fitting, textile-based synthetic material. It offers a secure and snug fit all around the foot.
- A prominent feature of this innovative soccer cleat is the Netfit technology that promotes a new level of customization that the soccer world has never seen before.
- It has a Spandex Ankle sock that provides a smooth transition between the leg and the cleat. This technology also provides a secure and supported fit around the ankle.
- This soccer cleat uses a lightweight TPU outsole with FG/AG stud pattern making it suitable for use on both firm ground and artificial grass playing surfaces.
Due to the elastic mesh material at the center of the Puma Future 18.2 Netfit FG/AG, this soccer can fit regular to slightly wide feet. It comes in sizes 6 to 13 for men only. The fit in length is true to size.
The outsole of the Puma Future 18.4 Netfit FG/AG is made of a lightweight and durable thermoplastic polyurethane material. The reactive plate is flexible and offers decent maneuverability for the fast player.
The FG/AG stud pattern of this soccer cleat is composed of both conical and bladed studs. They are strategically positioned to offer optimum traction on both natural and artificial grass playing surfaces.
A modern feature found on the Puma Future 18 series is the Netfit system. It is a horizontal net that covers the upper of the Puma Future 18.2 Netfit FG/AG. There are a number of hexagonal holes that allow the player to customize the fit and lockdown of this shoe according to his foot shape and preferences.
Underneath the groundbreaking Netfit system is a close-fitting synthetic textile that forms the base of the upper. Although the Puma Future 18.2 Netfit FG/AG does not have the evoKnit upper of the top-tier model, the textile upper of this soccer cleat does a good job in wrapping the foot and keeping it comfortably locked in place.
The breathable Spandex Ankle sock acts as an elastic mesh collar that extends to the center of the soccer cleat. It allows a bit of stretch and expansion for players with slightly wide foot width. Also, the pull tabs make it easier for users to put on and take off this shoe.
This soccer cleat has a fully removable sockliner which offers added cushioning and support. Its internal heel counter and synthetic lining also provide excellent support and lockdown.
- The Puma Future 18.2 Netfit FG/AG weighs 8.8 ounces.
- This soccer cleat was released in February 2018.
- The Puma Future silo is headlined by Antoine Griezmann and Marco Reus.
- Other firm ground variations for this soccer cleat include the Puma Future 18.1 Netfit FG/AG and Puma Future 18.4 FG.
- Both the Puma Future and Puma One cleats were released in the World Cup colorways.