Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
85 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The actual fit is not far off from the previous Finale model, because they didn't really change the design of the upper, they just changed the material a little bit. But it does feel a little bit less stretchy which is a good thing in the long run just in terms of responsiveness. Just because your foot can't move as much, this isn't going to have the same stretchy quality that you got from the original Finale.
- The cleat's overall design is fashioned similarly from the original MercurialX Finale IC. The significant difference between the two is the material used; this leads to having a distinct experience when wearing this model.
- For one, the second generation MercurialX Finale IN soccer cleat came with a 3D Speedrib design which aids cleat control. With its Nikeskin upper, the cleat made use of a mesh-based synthetic PU material which is thin and lightweight. It hugs the foot creating a barefoot feel when kicking the ball.
- For the cleat’s cushioning system, a Phylon midsole has been used. This material is lightweight and brings a responsive feel. A fully removable insole is also incorporated using an Ortholite foam topped with a mesh liner.
- The Tristar pattern that features flex grooves is used in the outsole.
- A nylon stitching in the rubber lip is incorporated to increase the shoe’s durability.
- A central lacing system is featured to enhance the fit of the cleat.
The Nike MercurialX Finale II Indoor cleat has a tight but comfortable fit given that the cleat is properly broken in. It is available in men’s sizes - sizes to choose from range from sizes 6 to 13. A central lacing system, similar to the Adidas Mundial Goal and the Adidas Samba Classic, has been incorporated into the shoe’s construction to allow for fit customization.
Traction is covered by the Nike MercurialX Finale II IN’s Tristar outsole. Flex grooves are also featured which allows the cleat to move with the natural movements of the foot.
The Nikeskin upper of the Nike MercurialX Finale II Indoor cleat creates an overall snug fit. The thin upper material is mesh-based and is topped with a layer of polyurethane. Because of its thin construction, the cleat brings a barefoot feel when kicking the ball.
Nike’s All Conditions Control has been incorporated into the cleat to maintain ball control even in wet conditions. In addition to this, 3D Speedribs can also be found in the upper to boost ball friction.
A Neoprene collar has been integrated into the shoe to give way to a flexible and individualized fit. It accomplishes this by following the natural contours of the foot. This material is also integrated into the central lacing system giving the illusion of a one-piece construction.
A plastic heel counter is employed while an internal padding is featured as the heel mesh liner.
A layer of Ortholite foam with a mesh liner on top serves as the cleat's insole. It is fully removable.
A Phylon material has been used in the midsole which is known for being lightweight and responsive. This material is made from compressed EVA foam pellets which are heat expanded and cooled down into a variety of designs.
- The Nike MercurialX Finale II Indoor cleat weighs at 8.6 ounces.
- This soccer cleat comes with a removable Ortholite insole.
- This soccer cleat was released in several colorways including total crimson/ black/ volt, black/ pink blast/ gum/ light brown, and team red/ black/ white (which was part of an exclusive release during the spring of 2017).