Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
93 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The midcut collar is an actual Flyknit. It has a pretty cool design and feels high-quality and well-made. The rest of the upper is a synthetic material with added texturing. If you have wide feet, it’s not the best option for you.
- The upper of the Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro FG (formerly the Magista Orden II FG) features a synthetic leather. It is different from Magista Obra II’s Flyknit but still provides a softer, barefoot sensation. It is also known for improving ball contact.
- Different from its first version, the Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro is designed with a Dynamic Fit collar. It makes the cleat a stylish yet functional mid-cut shoe. The sock-like collar ties up the lower leg to the foot to produce motion with ease.
- The Rotational Forefoot Zone in the stud pattern allows efficiency during turns and passes. It is an update from the original Magista Orden which has the bladed studs positioned differently. The new forefoot stud arrangement is suited for agile performance.
The cleat is available for both men and women’s version. For men’s version, it runs from size 6 to 12.5. Sizes 7.5 to 14 are available for women. It is recommended by most to go for half size up as the cleat structure is perceived to be narrow. The lace-up enclosure allows for a more personalized fit.
The second version of Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro FG has an updated outsole with a Rotational Forefoot Zone. It is composed of Chevron studs arranged in a circular formation in the medial area. The configuration is positioned for better rotational maneuverability particularly with taking quick turns.
The surrounding studs in the forefoot and heel area are half-conical which is also known for its traction for rotational movements. Overall, it is composed of 14 studs that create stability during agile motions.
The synthetic leather material covers the cleat’s entire upper. The amplified dimpled textured portions represent the areas where the ball usually has contact. Manipulation of the ball feels like next-to-skin sensation with this wrinkled upper.
The mid-cut soccer shoe has a Dynamic Fit Collar for its ankle support. The elastic collar extends through the center of the upper. From the top view, it is a one-piece enclosure fused to the synthetic material in the forefoot similar to that of Nike Hypervenom Phantom III Pro.
Above the sock extension of the collar is a central lacing system that is slightly positioned on the medial side.
The footbed cushioning is a lightweight foam that is fully removable. It is of molded and perforated quality. It provides comfortable underfoot cushioning while enhancing the overall fit of the shoe.
An internal heel counter is installed with cushioning that is meant to secure the heels without feeling wobbly.
- The following colorways are available for the Magista Obra II DF Pro FG: Black/University Red/Bright Crimson/White, Light Armory Blue/Armory Blue/Armory Navy and Black/Cool Grey/Stadium Green/White
- The Nike Magista Obra II DF Pro FG is formerly the “Nike Magista Orden II FG”.
- The Magista collection is already discontinued and is updated with the Nike Phantom VSN collection with soccer cleats such as the Nike Phantom Vision Elite DF Firm Ground and Nike Phantom Vision Academy Turf.