|Update:||Nike LunarGlide 9|
|Weight:||Men: 258g | Women: 224g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||Medium arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 25mm | Women: 25mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 15mm | Women: 15mm|
|Release date:||Jun 2015|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Pink, Purple, White|
|SKUs:||747355005, 747355103, 747355401, 747356300, 747356401, 747356403, 747356601, 747356801, 803566400, 826836003|
Reviews from around the internet
- 90/100 by Runner's World
- 86/100 by Solereview
- 81/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 100/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 81/100 by Runnerlight
- 74/100 by Sportskeeda
- 87/100 by Running Competitor
- 83/100 by Complex
- 80/100 by Fix My Walk
- 80/100 by Running Competitor
- 82/100 by Weal Feet
- 81/100 by Endurance Magazine
- 92/100 by Marathon Sports
- 90/100 by Afsar
- 89/100 by Busted Wallet
- 86/100 by Competitor Running
- 84/100 by Cross Training Shoe Reviews
- 84/100 by One Foot in Reality
- 82/100 by BeardyRunner
- 82/100 by Freshly Mynted
- 80/100 by Bodybuilding SG
- 80/100 by Gear Guide
- 4.2/5 by Amazon UK (+10)
- Looking like a casual shoe, but with highly efficient technologies that are designed for running, the 7th version of the Nike LunarGlide makes its mark on the performance of its wearer. This version features lightweight coverage through a knitted upper fabric construction, dual-density underfoot cushioning, a dense medial mid-sole for stability, and traction-capable rubber.
- The outsole unit of this running shoe is made to provide grip where the weight of the foot is placed. Essentially, when the underfoot puts pressure on an area of the platform it is sure to deliver additional grip. Durable rubber handles surface friction, abrasion and traction, keeping the runner in control of how they tackle their movements on the asphalt.
- Lightweight and responsive, the Lunarlon foam tech uses a core construction that’s placed in a denser foam carrier. It ensures efficacy, balance and longevity. A dense mid-foot section even allows the foot to be positioned at the neutral stance when running or standing idly. Stability is part of this shoe’s service.
- Durable, but flexible and breathable, the upper unit keeps the foot well-supported at all times. A knitted cloth-like look ensures comfortable coverage, while an open construction enhances the cool and dry feeling the foot gets upon being exposed to consistent air flow. The Flywire cables assist in keeping the foot in place by hugging it and adjusting along with the shoelaces.
The Nike LunarGlide 7 has a standard running shoe length. The sizes that are available for it are adherent to the regular measurements that runners are accustomed to. The width of this shoe is medium, so it is able to welcome the runners who have feet that are medium sized. Its semi-curved shape follows the natural curve of the human foot.
The outsole unit of this running shoe makes use of the BRS 1000, a carbon rubber unit that’s able to shield the rest of the mid-sole from the abrasive nature of the asphalt. It is capable of handling impact, so it won’t break down or peel off easily despite being exposed to abrasive conditions.
The Pressure Mapped Outsole design essentially encourages natural movement because it enhances the surface grip in areas where the foot commonly puts on weight. Basically, it accommodates how the runner actually traverses the ground. This outsole design is also used in the LunarGlide 9 road running shoe.
The efficacy of the gait is afforded by flex grooves. These allow the foot to transition more freely from the heel to the toe, making sure that the toe-off is naturally enabled.
The Lunarlon cushioning system uses a denser foam carrier that surrounds a softer and more responsive core. It basically makes the underfoot cushioning feel adequately responsive, while also keeping it consistent and long-lasting.
The medial area of the Nike LunarGlide 7’s platform features the Dynamic Support design. A dense mid-foot unit gives support to the arch, stabilizing it and leading the foot towards a natural and more balanced stance when running.
The Flyknit is a soft material that resembles woven cloth. It’s strong and it doesn’t tear apart easily. It does away with the use of overlays, so it’s free as a cover system to provide a seamless, sock-like fit to the wearer. It’s breathable, as well, so air is constantly enabled to enter the shoe to keep the foot cool and dry.
The Dynamic Flywire system is a mid-foot securing technology that utilizes stretchable cables. These cables are connected to the lacing system, so when the shoelaces are actually adjusted, they cause the cables to move accordingly as well.
An external TPU heel counter locks the rear of the foot in place and secures it. It is helpful in preventing any accidental shoe removal or wobbliness to the interior.
Reflective materials enhance this shoe’s visibility, especially in low-light conditions. It enables the runner to run confidently at night as it reflects light from any light-source, making it visible.