|Update:||Nike Epic React Flyknit 2|
|Weight:||Men: 239g | Women: 195g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Features:||Cushioned | Comfortable|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Foot Condition:||Bunions, Hip pain, Knee pain|
|Technology:||Flyknit, Nike React|
|Release date:||Feb 2018|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Colorways:||Beige, Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Orange, Pink, Red, White|
|SKUs:||AQ0067001, AQ0067004, AQ0067009, AQ0067300, AQ0067302, AQ0067500, AQ0070004, AQ0070013, AQ0070600, AQ0070800|
Reviews from around the internet
- 93/100 by RunRepeat (9 in-depth reviews)
- 92/100 by Believe in the Run
- 90/100 by The Ginger Runner
- 86/100 by Road Trail Run
- 85/100 by Road Trail Run
- 85/100 by Road Trail Run
- 85/100 by Coach
- 100/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 85/100 by Runner's World
- 84/100 by Seth Fowler
- 90/100 by Sean Go
- 90/100 by Carlo Ople
- 89/100 by The Sole Brothers
- 88/100 by Gear Patrol
- 83/100 by s2DoubleU
- 80/100 by Soccer Reviews For You
- 80/100 by Running Warehouse
- 75/100 by oakley450
- 89/100 by MySqueakers
- 84/100 by FRESH
- 83/100 by Believe in the Run
- 100/100 by Women's Health
- 92/100 by Sports Illustrated
- 90/100 by Runner's World
- 90/100 by David Parkinson
- 90/100 by Jayem Kayem
- 89/100 by Run to the Finish
- 89/100 by Just Fresh Kicks
- 88/100 by POPSUGAR Fitness
- 88/100 by Run Blog Run
- 88/100 by BestMensColognes.com
- 88/100 by Jacques Slade
- 88/100 by Sole Collector
- 87/100 by As Many Reviews As Possible
- 87/100 by Men's Health
- 87/100 by Rappler
- 87/100 by Xiao Pi Hai
- 87/100 by Gazelle Sports
- 83/100 by HighSnobiety
- 83/100 by Live Mint
Video reviews and unboxing
- Nike introduces a new foam technology, called the React, in the Nike Epic React Flyknit. This running shoe claims to provide a whole new level of comfort that is long-lasting. Its durable, flexible, and responsive properties make it ideal for road running, casual jogging, and speedwork on the track.
- Unlike other midsole foams made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA), React is made of a unique rubber that is proprietary to Nike. This material is present in both the midsole and outsole to keep the shoe’s weight at a minimum, but not at the expense of performance.
- The shoe’s upper is a soft and secure Flyknit material, to give the foot a secure wear that feels as comfortable as a sock. The design maintains simplicity, in order to promote optimal breathability. With a lightweight and seamless construction, the upper offers a precise fit that improves the running experience.
The Nike Epic React Flyknit has a standard running shoe length, and it will fit wearers with a narrow to moderate foot volume. The forefoot and midfoot construction allows a snug fit; thus, runners who prefer to have more room might want to purchase a half-size larger than usual. This shoe is available in medium width for both the men’s and women’s versions.
The React foam outsole of the Epic React Flyknit aids the midsole in providing a sufficient amount of energy return, as well as additional cushioning for the underfoot. Because it is a foam material, this outsole resists compression and is able to retain its shape, appearance, and structure even after many miles.
There are sticky rubber reinforcements strategically placed in the forefoot and heel areas. This is to give the outsole durability and the needed traction to grip various surfaces, especially roads.
The midsole also uses React foam. In a nutshell, the development of this technology was the result of runners’ clamor for a shoe that offers the following: increased cushioning to protect from impact, prolonged energy return to handle long runs, lightweight underfoot protection, and durability.
The React foam claims to be exceptionally responsive and bouncy. It responds by “snapping back” as a reply to the foot’s impact during landing. Compared to Nike’s other proprietary cushioning, the Lunarlon, the React foam has 13% more energy return. This midsole foam is used in the Epic React Flyknit 2 and other well-known Nike road running shoes.
Nike also introduces Fluid Geometry, a technology that works by altering the design of the midsole – it extends to the upper and around the heel to enable stability. With Fluid Geometry, the shoe is made lightweight as the midsole is distributed across the entire shoe. However, the minimal weight does not hinder the shoe from supplying adequate support and responsiveness. Therefore, this feature is present to maximize the runner’s performance.
There is an injected heel clip made of thermoplastic urethane (TPU) that equips the shoe with added stability, especially during transitions.
The upper’s internal structure is a Flyknit cleatie, which consists of a single-piece element, precisely engineered for support and flexibility. With such a construction, the upper is minimal and breathable. It also delivers a sock-like fit, thus ensuring a locked-down feel and a secure run.
Because of the cleatie construction, the tongue is seamlessly merged with the rest of the upper. Thus, there is no pressure on top of the foot, in contrast to other running shoes with traditional tongues.
For an even snugger fit, the heel area has Heel Skin, a thin and pliable structure that supports the heel minus the hard and irritating sensation.