Review coming soon
Nike Air Zoom Strong 2 has just been released by Nike . Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- The Air Zoom Strong 2 is a workout shoe from Nike which has been developed to bring support and withstand grueling HIIT sessions, cleatcamp, and boxing.
- The new model sports a mid-cut profile. It ditched the synthetic material protecting the mesh, which was featured in the previous model. Instead, it uses a tightly woven mesh which is created to be durable. Synthetic overlays reinforce the eyestay and the back portion to protect the shoe against abrasion.
- For the closure, the shoe has replaced the Flywire technology with a webbed lacing system. It also has a new single hook-and-loop strap that secures the ankle.
- As for the sole unit, the trainer retains the midsole and outsole of the original shoe.
- Phylon is utilized for the midsole. This foam is engineered to be hard-wearing as it houses the Air Zoom technology. Tightly stretched fibers and pressurized air are trapped inside the unit to impart shock attenuation and responsiveness. The full-length rubber outsole protects the Phylon from the harsh elements on the ground.
The Nike Air Zoom Strong 2 is only available in women’s sizes. Lengthwise, it follows the standard measurement of shoes. It comes in a B - Medium width profile. Nike furnishes a Size Guide tool that helps consumers find the right footgear size.
The underside of the Nike Air Zoom Strong 2 is lined with a full-length rubber. This translucent compound has been constructed to be tough and hold out against the wear and tear associated with strenuous workouts. The unit is flexible to facilitate natural foot flexion.
The tread pattern on the outsole is designed to provide traction on most types of surfaces. It also extends upwards in the forefoot area to enhance stability during side-to-side movements.
Inside the Nike Air Zoom Strong 2 is a molded insole. This component accommodates the contours of the sole to give maximum coverage and support.
The midsole employs the Phylon foam technology. It is produced using the ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam pellets that have been subjected to heat and compression to achieve its final form.
The inner part of the Phylon unit contains pressurized air and outstretched thin fibers called the Air Zoom technology. Immediately after impact, the filaments get compressed and quickly bounce back to their original form, giving the sole unit its bouncy feel. The Air Zoom unit can also be found in the Nike Fearless Flyknit 2, another popular workout shoe for women.
The upper of the Nike Air Zoom Strong 2 is made of tightly woven mesh that was manufactured to be sturdy. It is able to endure abrasion during intense workouts. This type of fabric also allows air to pass through and ventilate the foot chamber. High-wear areas such as the eyestay and the rear section are strengthened with synthetic overlays.
The closure of this model consists of two parts: the lacing system and the single strap at the ankle area. The lace-up closure uses webbed eyelets to deliver a tuned-in fit when the laces are cinched. As for the hook-and-loop strap at the ankle area, it not only locks the foot down but also provides the needed ankle support during grueling workout sessions. The strap also has perforations on it to add to the breathability of the upper.