|Update:||New Balance Fresh Foam More v2|
|Weight:||Men: 292g | Women: 231g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 4mm | Women: 4mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Forefoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 30mm | Women: 30mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 26mm | Women: 26mm|
|Release date:||Apr 2019|
|Type:||Low drop | Maximalist|
|Width:||Normal, Wide, X-Wide | Normal, Wide, X-Wide|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Grey, Pink, Red|
|SKUs:||MMORBK, MMORCB, MMORDO, MMORHN, MMORLB, WMORGC, WMORRS, WMORSO, WMORTL, WMORVP|
Reviews from around the internet
- 96/100 by RunRepeat (3 in-depth reviews)
- 98/100 by Road Trail Run
- 93/100 by Road Trail Run
- 92/100 by JackRabbit
- 90/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 40/100 by Road Trail Run
- 98/100 by Road Trail Run
- 92/100 by Believe in the Run
- 92/100 by Fleet Feet
- 88/100 by WEARTESTERS
- 97/100 by Road Runner Sports
- 91/100 by Mark Wood
- 70/100 by Running Warehouse
- 95/100 by NorthernRunner
- 88/100 by A Triathlete's Diary
- 60/100 by AFS
- 50/100 by TriTwinsMom
Video reviews and unboxing
- In this newly-released running shoe, New Balance goes the literal route and names it More, which intends to bring exactly what it implies—more material, more benefits, and, therefore, more performance. The shoe presents the most amount of Fresh Foam material ever in a midsole, resulting in a maximalist feel but without the bulk.
- The shoe’s comfortable mesh upper provides ample coverage, as well as enough room to enable the runner to move smoothly and naturally. It features a simple and clean-cut design that does not stray far from the signature look of many New Balance running shoes.
- The sole unit is fully made of Fresh Foam material, which is formed with a high stack height yet a lightweight structure. It has a firm quality to it that provides just the right amount of energy return. The midsole is not overly soft in an aim to produce a snappy ride. Meanwhile, the Fresh Foam outsole gives consistent performance in terms of durability and flexibility.
The New Balance Fresh Foam More is a running shoe that is true-to-size; runners should expect an accurate fit with their usual preference, but it is still best to wear a sample in store to confirm the sizing. The shoe features moderate dimensions overall, including the heel width and toe box height. Wearers of all foot volumes could be accommodated by the Fresh Foam More, as it is available in width options of Medium, Wide, and Extra Wide for both the men’s and women’s versions.
A ground contact Fresh Foam material makes up the outsole of the New Balance Fresh Foam More. While the conventional running shoe uses some type of rubber compound to form the outsole, the Fresh Foam More employs the same material in the midsole. The outsole’s Fresh Foam is packed more densely to equip the shoe with the necessary grip and durability to handle the roads.
The outsole also features laser-engraved flex grooves that help with relieving the impact of footstrike. It also lends the shoe a little bit of give, preventing it from being too firm. The flex grooves also ensure a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
The Fresh Foam midsole of the New Balance Fresh Foam More equips the shoe with a plush cushioning. Made from injection-molded ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA), the Fresh Foam material naturally provides underfoot protection and support. It also aids in softer landings. The Fresh Foam Zante v4 also has these functionalities, as it uses the same material.
A beveled heel forms part of the midsole of the Fresh Foam More. Aside from shock absorption, this detail is also designed for maintaining a good running position, as well as long-lasting comfort.
A double jacquard mesh is the main component of the Fresh Foam More’s upper. The material provides a soft, knit-like feel to the foot, while also being durable enough as a reliable coverage. It is assisted by a partial cleatie construction that enables a snug wrap and hold on the midfoot.
In addition, the upper includes a partially attached tongue that cradles the foot and keeps it securely in its place.