|Weight:||Men: 218g | Women: 188g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 6mm | Women: 6mm|
|Fit:||Medium heel, Medium toe box|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Material:||Knit upper, Rubber sole|
|Features:||Breathable | Cushioned | Comfortable|
|Strike Pattern:||Midfoot strike|
|Heel height:||Men: 29mm | Women: 29mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 23mm | Women: 23mm|
|Release date:||Jun 2019|
|Width:||Normal, Wide | Normal, Wide|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Grey, Pink, White|
|SKUs:||MBECNBN2, MBECNDB2, MBECNFG2, MBECNGR2, MBECNWB2, WBECNBW2, WBECNDF2, WBECNLP2, WBECNVB2, WBECNWP2|
Reviews from around the internet
- 85/100 by RunRepeat (2 in-depth reviews)
- 94/100 by Believe in the Run
- 90/100 by Road Trail Run
- 88/100 by Runner's World
- 87/100 by Road Trail Run
- 86/100 by Road Trail Run
- 80/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 96/100 by Believe in the Run
- 94/100 by kofuzi
- 70/100 by Running Warehouse
- 93/100 by Believe in the Run
- 86/100 by Road Trail Run
- 85/100 by Running Warehouse
- 84/100 by Road Trail Run
- 80/100 by Running Warehouse
- 88/100 by Podium Runner
Video reviews and unboxing
- One of the newly added features in the New Balance Fresh Foam Beacon v2 is its engineered mesh upper that allows sufficient airflow into the shoe, making it more breathable. This also helps the foot move more freely with the flexibility it promotes. In comparison, the shoe’s predecessor featured an engineered knit.
- There have been some elements retained in the shoe’s composition. Some of these include the blown rubber outsole the shoe employs, the Fresh Foam midsole to ensure cushioning and comfort when running, and the Ground Contact ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) which helps the shoe in terms of versatility for different ground traction and grip.
The New Balance Fresh Foam Beacon v2 is available standard sizing scheme for both men and women. Thus, users can still fit the shoe with their usual size preferences. However, it is still highly advised that one should try on the actual fit of the shoe first before proceeding to purchase. It is also best to go through several reviews first to ensure an accurate fit.
This lightweight running shoe's toe box height is medium, while its arch height ranges from medium to high.
Blown rubber is the material employed in the outsole of the Fresh Foam Beacon v2. This is strategically placed on the lateral foot and medial heel. This provides protection and durability to the high-wear areas of the shoe.
Ground Contact EVA allows the shoe to have good ground traction while providing a lightweight feel. This technology also features durability properties that help preserve the shoe.
Rubber pods are strategically placed in the Fresh Foam Beacon v2’s high-abrasion heel and toe-off areas for targeted durability.
The midsole of the New Balance Fresh Foam Beacon v2 is composed of Fresh Foam which is created from a single piece of foam that provides a plush cushioning and a more natural ride.
A VL-6 lasting is employed by the Fresh Foam Beacon v2. This is a running-specific last with a standard heel, forefoot, and toe-box height.
The shoe also features an Ultra Heel that helps minimize the irritation in the Achilles. This also contributes to the overall comfort provided by the shoe.