What is it for? The trainer can be referred to as women’s athleisure footwear. Training-wise, it is meant for low-to-moderate cross-training activities. On the other hand, its cushioning makes the shoe suitable for daily errands, walks, or simply spending a day on your feet.
What makes it different? While it’s not the first NB workout shoe for women, there are a few things that make it stand out from the crowd:
- New Balance uses its softest CUSH+ midsole in this model for extra comfort. This component is typically used in the brand’s walking shoes.
- The sport casual style and soft hues make the shoe appropriate for both gym and casual wear.
Basic grip. The NB Cush+ 715 v4 doesn’t have an outsole as such. It only features rubber pods in the forefoot and heel areas to help with traction. However, it may not be your best friend in wet and slippery conditions.
Unhindered foot flexibility. The entire length of the sole is lined with multi-directional flex grooves. Shallower in some parts and deeper in others, it makes sure the trainer bends together with the foot. That way, a free and natural movement is promoted.
The brand’s softest cushioning. The shoe uses two layers of padding to make sure the foot stays comfortably supported:
- The CUSH+ foam makes up the bulk of the midsole. It is described as the plushest cushioning technology in the brand’s array, 13% softer than any other NB foam. It is also one of the lightest. The choice of CUSH+ is explained by the purpose of the shoe: it must be comfortable enough for both gym and all-day wear.
- The Memory Sole Comfort Insert acts as an additional buffer between the foot and the midsole. It adapts to the individual foot shape for enhanced comfort.
Breathable support. Nearly one-piece mesh fabric covers the upper unit. Its pores promote airflow, making the shoe suitable for sweaty gym sessions and warm sunny days. No-sew overlays add no extra bulk to the style but still work to support the foot inside.
New Balance FuelCore NERGIZE
If you’d like a feminine trainer that’s a bit more geared towards training, check out the FuelCore NERGIZE:
- Its thinner and firmer REVlite cushioning offers a more grounded and stable experience.
- At 150 grams per shoe, it is one of the lightest trainers ever produced.
- It’s a bit easier to slip on and off.
- It has a broader array of color options to choose from.