Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
67 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
You don’t actually get that much of a Kangaroo Leather even if compared to the Nike Premier. As to fit, I don’t feel like the fit is as good as it should be given that these are a Kangaroo leather traditional style. Is the New Balance 442 Pro worth it for 120 dollars, it think the answer is yes. The only issue I have with the shoe is the fact that there are other options in the same category that are arguably better.
If you are someone who is a boot lover and looking to find a high quality boot to last you all season, then I don’t think the 442 is for you.
- The New Balance 442 Pro is a heritage soccer cleat from New Balance. It has a very simple aesthetic, yet it has a wide range of features that provide the user with the potential to make it big on the soccer pitch.
- This soccer cleat comes with a kangaroo leather vamp. The softness of the leather allows the user to have a great touch on the ball. It also offers excellent fit as it follows the shape of the foot after continued use. K-leather soccer cleat is a common element for similar-looking classic soccer cleats such as the Adidas Mundial Goal and Nike Premier II Firm Ground
- It features an Ortholite sockliner that is fully removable. It provides an excellent blend of comfort and performance all throughout the 90-minute game.
- The New Balance 442 Pro FG has a perforated synthetic Polyurethane (PU) collar. It has a traditional fit that adds to the stability of the ankle area.
- Its TPU soleplate is engineered with several conical shaped studs. They penetrate well on firm grounds (FG).
The New Balance 442 Pro Firm Ground is available in men’s version in sizes 5.5 to 12.5. Its kangaroo leather upper is soft enough to stretch as the shoe is broken in. The traditional lacing also allows the users to adjust the fit according to their foot widths.
The soleplate of the New Balance 442 is made of durable Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) material. It is both lightweight and flexible to provide a smooth ride on the pitch.
It has 11 conical studs - four in the heel and seven in the forefoot including the support stud in the middle. The stud configuration is useful in providing excellent traction on firm natural grass.
The New Balance 442 Pro Firm Ground upper is made of two separate materials - natural leather and synthetic material. The kangaroo leather vamp provides a fantastic feel on the ball. The soft and supple material expands and adapts to the natural curves of the foot, while the stitching prevents it from overstretching.
This soccer cleat has a classic fold-over tongue that partially covers the central lacing system. The large tongue creates a clean contact surface for a powerful strike.
For the rear part of this shoe, the upper is made of quality synthetic material. A perforated PU synthetic is used on the collar. It has a traditional fit and provides more stability in the area.
Also found on this soccer cleat is the Ortholite insert. It is a removable insole that is lightweight and breathable found on other modern soccer cleats including the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground. It adds to the overall comfort and underfoot cushioning of the New Balance 442 Pro Firm Ground.
- The New Balance 442 Pro Firm Ground also comes in a wide version to accommodate players with wide feet.
- This soccer cleat comes with a removable Ortholite sockliner.