Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
-The La Sportiva TX4 Mid GTX is a love letter to approach hikers who usually take on treacherous technical terrain. It is built to give wearers adequate ankle support with its mid-top construction. The shoe is part of La Sportiva’s Traverse X line, a collection of shoes with a design inspired by mountaineering, approach and running footwear.
-Walking comfort on flatter surfaces is a provision sourced from the shoe’s rockered sole unit. This unified component is made up of the TX4 Mid GTX’s long-wearing midsole and Vibram outsole.
-La Sportiva designers imbued it with the STB Control System. This brand-exclusive tech is responsible for improving the shoe’s overall support system. It also provides enhanced stability over rugged terrain by giving its midsole enough torsional -rigidity.
La Sportiva’s TX4 Mid GTX is a mid-cut shoe designed for both male and female approach hikers. Owners can adjust its fit to their preference using the shoe’s ghillie lacing.
On the surface grip front, the TX4 Mid GTX relies on its Megagrip Traverse outsole from Vibram. It has multi-sided and circular studs (also known as lugs) for extra bite over loose- and soft-soiled terrain. As it comes built with the Impact Break System or IBS, its braking power is enhanced by 20%. This exclusive technology from Scarpa also helps reduce force due to impact by 20%.
This sticky layer has its front end furnished with Climbing Zone. Its presence provides a kind of grip that allows users to edge and smear with increased security.
The La Sportiva TX4 Mid GTX is built with an injected midsole called MEMlex to grant hikers ample stability and protection over rough terrain. Its segmented construction provides adventurers with extra midfoot flexibility. This component, which is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate or EVA, also mitigates shock on every landing. A 4-millimeter thick footbed from Ortholite sits on top of it for additional underfoot support and comfort.
The TX4 Mid GTX by La Sportiva has the foot safely encased in its stitched-on mid-cut leather upper. It is engineered with a 1.5-millimeter thick polyurethane (PU) rand called TechLite which safeguards the shoe from abrasions and gives wearers improved climbing security. It comes with a rubber toe cap courtesy of Vibram, protecting users from frontal assaults and abrasive hazards. The hiker’s fit management system consists of combination eyelets and a synthetic lace.
When it comes to waterproofing, this leather approach shoe is armed with Gore-Tex’s Extended Comfort liner. This waterproofing technology also provides enhanced breathability.
The TX4 Mid GTX is a premium-priced approach shoe from La Sportiva. As such, keeping it in good condition for as long as possible is not such a bad idea. To extend the lifespan of a brand-new pair of TX4 Mid GTXs, consider the following:
- Clean the shoe after use. Rid it of dirt and debris both inside and out with a soft-bristled brush.
- Since the La Sportiva TX4 Mid GTX has a leather upper, it may be treated with a leather conditioner to protect it further from the elements.
- If it gets soaked, remove the footbed and lace then leave it to dry in a shaded yet well-ventilated location. Drying it with a heat source or under direct sunlight is not recommended.
- The La Sportiva TX4 Mid GTX may be stowed away in a cool, dry place if it will not be used for a long time. Do not leave it inside a trunk where trapped heat can warp and destroy some of its components which include the leather upper.
- Place a packet or two of silica gel inside the shoe drawer, especially the enclosed kind. Silica gel can help the approach shoe stay dry in such cramped spaces by eliminating moisture proactively.