|Update:||Hoka One One Torrent 2|
|Weight:||Men: 255g | Women: 210g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 5mm | Women: 5mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Midfoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 24mm | Women: 24mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 19mm | Women: 19mm|
|Release date:||Jun 2018|
|Brand:||Hoka One One|
|Width:||Narrow, Normal | Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Gold, Green, Grey, Pink, Red, Yellow|
|SKUs:||403, ASDGG, EBLC, GFBI, LSPR, MBFCR, MOLD, NISG, SBBI, TTOG|
Reviews from around the internet
- 97/100 by RunRepeat (7 in-depth reviews)
- 99/100 by Road Trail Run
- 98/100 by Road Trail Run
- 90/100 by Running Northwest
- 86/100 by Ultrarunner Podcast
- 100/100 by Road Trail Run
- 100/100 by Running Warehouse
- 98/100 by Road Trail Run
- 100/100 by Vo2max Productions
- 88/100 by GearJunkie
- 97/100 by Run Ultra
- 93/100 by Run Bryan Run
- 90/100 by BLISTER
- 90/100 by iRunFar.com
- 88/100 by Adventure Journal
- 88/100 by TrailRun Magazine
- 84/100 by GROUGH
Video reviews and unboxing
- Hoka One One boasts of a running shoe that is formed through a collaboration with world-class athletes – the Torrent. Just like the popular Hoka One One trail shoe, the Speedgoat 3, this shoe is designed for race day, as it offers a unique combination of agility and cushioning. The versatile and sleek design of the Torrent enables neutral runners to achieve a speedy ride and more miles.
- The open-engineered mesh upper provides optimal breathability and delivers a quick-dry and comfortable foot environment. It displays a minimal layout yet gives a secure fit.
- Through the PROFLY™ midsole, the shoe is made user-friendly as heel strikes are more natural and toe-offs are bouncier. The midsole unit is coupled with an outsole that produces high-level traction, making the Hoka One One Torrent a nimble and adaptable running shoe.
- In the outsole of the Hoka One One Torrent is the hi-abrasion rubber zones which gives the shoe durability without adding too much weight. Incorporated into the outer sole are the multidirectional lugs which are designed for excepetional grip on varied surfaces.
The Hoka One One Torrent is constructed with a standard running shoe width and length. However, runners who have a high foot volume might find the shoe to be a little narrow in the forefoot. Wearers who are accustomed to Hoka One One shoes will discover the Torrent to have a similar fit. The Torrent is available in D – Medium for men and B – Medium for women.
The aggressive rubber outsole of the Torrent enables gripping and digging into various outdoor surfaces with ease. The heel and forefoot areas are reinforced with a high-abrasion sticky rubber for durability. It can survive even the toughest route.
The Torrent has deep, prominent lugs that work capably in supplying multidirectional traction. These lugs help the runner undertake soft, messy trails with no problem. The lugs also give added flexibility to the shoe.
Hoka One One presents the PROFLY™ midsole technology in the Torrent, which is a dual-density foam compound that is formed soft in the heel and firm at the forefoot. This layout reduces pressure when landing on hard, rocky terrains, but, at the same time, produces light and bouncy toe-offs. As a smooth transition is generated, the runner is able to log more miles, thus completing the PROFLY™’s concept of balance between protection and propulsion.
The PROFLY™ compound comes in the form of an oversized ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) unit that delivers an adequate underfoot cushioning but without the additional bulk.
The upper of the Hoka One One Torrent is a breathable mesh with a stripped-down design. This material offers lightweight comfort that promotes a comfortable running experience. The mesh also has a quick-drying capability, encouraging a healthy foot environment as it eliminates moisture buildup.
A set of overlays surrounds the upper in strategic locations. These synthetic elements protect the forefoot and toes from debris while supporting the rest of the shoe by providing a structural framework. The overlays are in seamless design, it gives the foot a smooth and irritation-free environment.
The tongue and heel collar of the Torrent is moderately padded. The foam padding remains to be smooth for added comfort. The heel collar and tongue also enhances the overall fit and foot lockdown.
To secure the foot while running, the shoe has a lace-up closure. The laces are durable and they stay tied while running. There are extra eyelets to further secure the ankle and heel area.