Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
91 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
I'm really happy with how this feel. I definitely prefer the central lacing system over the being pushed to the side. It runs a little bit deeper and allows you to get a much more snug fit across the entire shoe.
I really enjoyed testing these and they are a real competitor with similar boots such as the Copa Mundial and Nike Premier. For me, I would have to chose between those three boots and I honestly can’t say which I would choose, they are all such good boots. Even though these are quality boots, there is still a tiny bit of room for improvement. My suggestion would be to remove the logo on the instep and possibly making them tighter length wise.
Would I pick this boot over any of the top of the line releases? No, I don’t know if anyone would. Would I pick this boot if I wanted to spend less than $100 on a reliable boot that performs on multiple surfaces? In a heart beat. The Maracana does a great job at what it was designed to do; be a reliable leather boot for less than $100, and I can’t ask for much more than that.
- Full-grain calfskin leather lines the outer silhouette of the Maracana L. This leather is extremely soft, ensuring a very comfortable and snug wrap around the feet. It also features an anti-stretch lining that further improves the fit.
- The upper also features the Touch Control technology, which works to enhance first touch for better manipulation of the ball.
- When it comes to its inner construction, this Diadora cleat features removable cotton and shock-absorbing EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) foam. This insole serves to protect and minimize foot strain for added comfort. It also offers excellent durability to make cleats last longer.
- The base of this soccer cleat utilizes an injected PU (Polyurethane) outsole. It also employs the Axeler technology, which helps increase the propulsive power as well as improve stability. Meanwhile, the Double Action inserts situated in the last offer shock absorption in the heel.
The genuine leather make of the Diadora Maracana L, with its anti-stretch lining, provides its wearers the comfort of a glove-like fit. Added comfort owes to the removable shock-absorbing EVA insole fitted on the cleat. This detail also works to prevent foot injuries by minimizing foot pressure. This soccer cleat comes in the standard sizes for both men and women. It comes with a broader width and fits quite large.
For its outsole, Diadora has fitted this low-top cleat with injected PU material that is impressively durable. The sole unit also features the Axeler technology that brings flexibility and power. Meanwhile, the conical studs installed on the base deliver reliable traction that makes cuts and turns smoother on the pitch.
The upper of the Diadora Maracana L utilizes full-grain calfskin leather that is extremely soft and supple. It also features an anti-stretch lining for a snug wrap around the foot. The Touch Control technology employed in the upper allows for a superb first touch that results in better control of the ball.
- This soccer cleat weighs 8 ounces.
- The soccer cleat is available in women’s version.