|Features:||Vintage | Orthotic friendly|
|Weight:||Men: 865g | Women: 865g|
|Width:||Narrow, Normal, Wide | Normal, Wide|
|Material:||Leather, Rubber sole, Vibram sole|
|Origin:||Made in USA|
Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
[W]e can easily envision these boots being around for at least a decade.
- The second edition of the Danner Light is a leather hiking footwear that is supportive as it is comfortable. Its upper is a fusion of stitched nubuck or full-grain leather and 1000-denier nylon fabric. The waterproofness of the boot is powered by Gore-Tex.
- The designers used a 650 last type for this boot as opposed to the previous edition’s 650 EE. This specific last makes the footwear’s interior narrower by default.
- This hiker now comes with Danner Airthotic which is the Light II’s removable footbed. It is a stiff, half-length insole that provides arch support and cups the heel.
- The boot’s extra-thick EVA midsole lessens shock upon ground contact and provides stability during maneuvers. Traction on various terrain types, on the other hand, is provided by the Vibram Kletterlift outsole.
The Danner Light II is a hike for men and women. A secure fit is achieved through the lace-up closure. The amount of lace coverage of this closure system gives the wearer a personalized lockdown, especially if enough pressure is applied to the upper laces. The boot is constructed with the 650 last which makes its overall profile narrow.
Vibram’s Kletterlift outsole is what gives the Danner Light II its traction on both wet and dry surfaces. This proprietary rubber outsole is made of Vibram’s Megagrip compound which is characterized by durability and adaptability. Its heel zone is specifically engineered to absorb shock upon landing.
The boot’s primary lugs are tire-like and strategically placed along the borders of the outsole. This lug placement allows the Light II to bite into various surface types and conditions from practically every direction.
This boot is made using Danner’s stitchdown construction, which allows recrafting. The recrafting process involves reworking the leather, restitching the seams and replacing the boot’s outsole.
This mid-cut hiker gives wearers comfort and stability, thanks primarily to its EVA midsole. A midsole made of EVA, or ethylene-vinyl acetate, is not just cushy, it’s flexible and durable as well. The extra arch support is made possible by the embedded fiberglass shank—a supportive, non-metal component that is both lightweight and flexible.
The removable, stiff footbed cradles the wearer’s heel and supports the arch. The raised arch can maintain its form over time. It is also perforated, which promotes breathability.
The Danner Light II is a 6-inch day hiking footwear with a nubuck or full-grain leather upper. The ankle coverage is made of 1000-denier nylon which is lightweight and contributes to the boot’s overall breathability.
Helping the leather upper keep the wearer’s feet dry is the waterproofing membrane by Gore-Tex. This piece of waterproofing technology is also breathable and windproof.
The boot’s lacing system secures the foot all the way to the ankle cuff. It consists of a combination of plated eyelets and riveted, metallic speed hooks.
- Boots made using stitchdown construction, just like the Light II, can be recrafted by Danner. The shoe can undergo this service if the welt base has no cracks, the flex point has no deep cracks, the eyestay has no holes, and the sole has plenty of welt.
- For potential buyers searching for other hiking boot alternatives from the same maker, see Danner 435 or Danner Mountain 600.