|Weight:||Men: 309g | Women: 255g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 13mm|
|Fit:||Medium forefoot, Medium toe box|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Material:||Mesh upper, Rubber sole|
|Features:||Breathable | Cushioned | Comfortable|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 25mm | Women: 27mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 15mm | Women: 14mm|
|Release date:||Nov 2019|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Normal, Wide, X-Wide | Narrow, Normal, Wide, X-Wide|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, White, Yellow|
|SKUs:||1011A680002, 1011A680023, 1011A680100, 1011A680403, 1011A680404, 1011A680405, 1012A587020, 1012A587021, 1012A587401, 1012A665100|
Reviews from around the internet
- 85/100 by RunRepeat (2 in-depth reviews)
- 90/100 by JackRabbit
- 81/100 by Solereview
- 95/100 by kofuzi
- 88/100 by Sportitude
- 88/100 by Shoeguide
- 86/100 by Believe in the Run
- 100/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 92/100 by News18
- 85/100 by Road Runner Sports
- 88/100 by Track Shack
- 88/100 by GADGETMATCH
- 80/100 by Running Warehouse
- 86/100 by RunToTheFinish
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Asics Gel Nimbus 22 is an update to a series of Asics running shoes that are intended for neutral runners. This shoe is packed with updated technologies to help improve the running performance.
- The manufacturers of the 22nd version of the Gel Nimbus have improved the shape of the forefoot Gel™ cushioning to provide more shock absorption and support. It features the thicker version of the Asics Gel™ cushioning for a smoother and softer ride.
- For a better cushioning experience, two additional millimeters of FlyteFoam midsole material is integrated under the foot. This technology delivers lightweight yet functional cushioning performance.
- Integrated into the shoe is a new monofilament mesh upper material that made the shoe more breathable and softer than its predecessors. It keeps the foot comfortable and well ventilated by allowing the air to constantly flow in and out of the shoe. The mesh upper provides light, breathable comfort without compromising its durability.
- Other notable updates of the shoe are the improved Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR™) outsole and deeper flex grooves that offer better traction in both wet and dry conditions.
Like most of the Asics neutral running shoes, the Asics Gel Nimbus 22 is constructed to be true to size. The shoes’ updated mesh upper and cushioning system provide greater comfort and snugger fit. The lacing system also allows the runner to adjust the looseness or tightness of the shoe.
The Asics Gel Nimbus 22 follows the standard running shoe construction. The shoe caters to neutral pronators, which means its fit specifications include a high arch and a low-to-moderate midfoot volume. Meanwhile, the toe box and heel cup guarantee a snug fit for wearers with medium foot volume.
In the outsole unit of the Asics Nimbus 22 is a highly durable rubber called the AHAR™ material. This lightweight outsole features a higher stack height to provide more protection and reduce the damage caused by excessive wear.
AHAR™ rubber is an abrasion-resistant material that is strategically placed in critical areas of the outsole to promote durability. This component protects the foot from rough surfaces and the rest of the platform from tear and wear. The Asics GT 2000 7 and Asics Patriot 10 also contain the AHAR™ rubber outsole.
The outsole of the Asics Nimbus 22 now has additional and deeper flex grooves that made the shoe lighter. The eight flex grooves cut deep into the midsole are responsible for making the shoe more responsive, allowing the foot to move and stretch naturally. This newly grooved outsole offers a smoother transition from foot strikes to toe-offs. It also offers a great amount of traction in both wet and dry surfaces.
The latest edition of the Gel Nimbus utilizes the thicker yet most resilient version of Gel™ technology midsole. Gel™ is Asics legendary patented cushioning technology that is designed to effectively reduce shock from impacts and toe-offs. It is made of a silicone-based gel that is inserted into the midsole to help improve the shoe’s responsiveness and shock-absorption performance.
The Gel™ technology cushioning is designed to respond to the foot’s natural movements, which is why a lot of athletic shoes utilizes this material in their midsoles. Other Asics running shoes that feature Gel™ midsole technology are the Asics GT 1000 7 and Asics Gel Quantum 180 4.
Incorporated into the midsole unit of the Asics Gel Nimbus 22 is the bouncy and soft FlyteFoam material that provides additional cushioning and support for the foot. The layer of the FlyteFoam material used in this running companion is 2 millimeters thicker compared to its previous versions. This component is also 55% lighter compared to industry-standard cushioning materials.
A midsole cushioning constructed with the FlyteFoam technology is not only lightweight but also responsive as the foam is designed to bounce back into its original shape after each step. Aside from the lightweight running feel, the runner also benefits from an excellent level of comfort.
Making the running shoe extra lighter is the Trusstic™ technology placed under the arch. This thermoplastic piece also offers stability and extends the life of the shoe.
Asics Gel Nimbus 22 comes with a molded EVA sockliner, a padded foam footbed for additional comfort. This updated sockliner is designed to be more contoured to provide a better fit and another layer of protection.
Under the shoe’s sockliner is the Ortholite® X-40 technology. This material delivers a combination of performance and cushioning benefits.
The engineered monofilament upper is made lighter and smoother than its previous versions. This material provides greater comfort across the top of the foot and permits the cool air to permeate the shoe, keeping the foot dry and comfortable. It is designed to hold the foot securely in place while maintaining lightweight breathability.
The padded tongue protects the foot from being abraded and pinched by the shoelaces. It also helps prevent the small rocks and water from getting inside the shoe.
The padded heel collar of the shoe helps keep the heel in place to prevent the foot from sliding up and down while running or walking.
Asics Gel Nimbus 22 features the traditional lacing system, allowing the runner to adjust the level of looseness or lightness. With the standard lacing system, the user is less prone to creating pressure points and irritation.