Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- Designed for better acceleration, the X 17+ Purespeed SG from Adidas is composed of premium features that are especially tailor-made to soft ground.
- The soccer cleat’s Techfit upper brings an adaptive sensation to the foot that aims to provide zero wear-in time. Both the inner and outer parts of the two-piece upper construction is a combination of this compression material and a synthetic base.
- The Non-stop Grip surface is applied to the outer piece of the upper. These are raised dots engineered to create friction that keeps the ball glued to the soccer cleat for better control.
- Similar to its predecessor, the X 16+ Purechaos, the soccer cleat is a mid top Purecut S-curved heel that extends as a sock. Its shape is designed as a support to the ankles.
- The knitted sock in the midfoot area is constructed with laces that are attached to loops, instead of the usual fixed eyelets. The laces are hidden under a lace shell that is seamed to the forefoot area. This setup offers more space for strike zones for distraction-free ball control.
- The X heel lining offers stability to the soccer shoes by keeping the foot in place especially when changing directions.
- The soft ground Sprintframe soleplate is made to offer traction on wet and muddy surfaces. It is composed of a combination of screw-in aluminum and plastic studs that can penetrate the ground in wet conditions. For its updated version such as the Adidas X 18+, a new Speedframe outsole is used, but both outsole types serve the same purpose which is ground acceleration.
The X 17+ Purespeed Soft Ground soccer cleat is offered in standard sizes in men’s version only. True-to-size measurement is the highly recommended fit for the shoe. The Techfit compression upper provides an adaptive snug fit that can be adjusted through the covered lacing system.
The soft ground plate of the Adidas X 17+ Purespeed soccer is constructed with the lightweight Sprintframe outsole which offers enhanced traction on slightly wet to muddy surfaces.
Four aluminum studs with three plastic studs are arranged in the forefoot. In the heel area, two metal and two plastic studs are evenly arranged to better penetrate the soft ground during brakes.
The metal studs are the screw-in type that can be adjusted depending on the softness of the ground.
On the outside, the X 17+ Purespeed SG upper construction is fashioned to a laceless cut, but internally a lacing system is installed. The laces are covered by an outer synthetic layer while an internal Techfit compression material serves as the Purecut sock forefoot.
The lace straps that are formed as loops allow for a more convenient adjustment of the internal laces.
The soccer cleat is styled with an S-curved heel in a mid-top collar identical to the X 16+ Purechaos. The curved form is purposefully shaped to support the lower leg.
The matte texture in the upper material is built with Non-stop Grip dots. The raised dots are meant to optimize ball control.
A bigger and more prominent X branding is now seen in the medial side while the Adidas stripes and signature brand is on the midfoot lateral side.