Emerica Romero Laced
Best price from 50 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
75% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Size and fit
The Romero Laced silhouette is offered by Emerica in sizes ranging from 5 to 14 in medium width. The shoes reportedly give a good fit width-wise to wear testers although this fit can sometimes feel a little too snug when riding. The shoes are true to size, so there’s no need to adjust your shoe measurement when purchasing.
The shoes feature a four-eyelet lacing system for adjusting the fit, but the elastic bands in the shoes can provide a secure lockdown even without the laces being tied.
Cupsoles provide ample impact protection.
Emerica Romero Laced Style
Since these kicks contain a clean and classic styling, it’s no hardship to match them with casual to dressy ensembles. Here are a few style tips for you.
- Keep it simple with grey jeans, a solid black tee, and the black gum Emerica Romero Laced sneakers on your feet.
- Match blue jeans, a black shirt, a black leather jacket, and any of the black colorways of Emerica Romero Laced shoes. You can slip in a bit of color through your socks to make the outfit more fun.
- Brown Emerica Romero Laced sneakers paired with brown corduroy pants, a collared shirt, and a V-neck sweater in dark blue can pass for dinner at your favorite restaurant.
- Your white Emerica Romero Laced kicks will look absolutely posh when matched with a blazer and pants.
For skaters by skaters. This seems to be Emerica’s motto, and so far it’s working. Romero Laced shoes contain a cupsole construction that, while providing excellent cushioning, still manage to give ample board feel that’s much better than expected from non-vulc shoes.
The soles of the sneakers are flexible and, when combined with the brand’s Triangle Tread, gives an almost vulc-like grip. The Tongue Stabilizing Wings hold the tongues in place and locks in the feet for a snug fit.
Emerica Romero Laced History
Emerica Romero Laced sneakers come from Thrasher Magazine’s “2010 Skater of The Year” winner, Leo Romero. The Fontana, California native has been featured in many of Emerica’s videos since 2003 starting from This is Skateboarding. In 2006, Emerica released Romero’s first signature shoe called the Leo Romero 1.
Romero collaborated with Emerica on many other models such as the Troubador and Troubador Low. In 2014, his Emerica Romero Laced shoes were released.
Emerica Romero Laced kicks contain a cleverly-designed profile that leaves minimal area for abrasion by grip tape. The only possible space for this is the hidden seam between the sidewall and toe, which is not likely to cause problems.
The shoes are made of suede to aid durability and feature a cupsole construction for impact protection and a slim and low silhouette.
- Emerica Romero Laced sneakers contain one-piece toe caps for extra durability.
- There are currently more than a dozen colorways available for this model.