Who should buy the Ecco Roxton
The Ecco Roxton is a great boot overall although it feels a lot roomier than expected. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that keeps the foot warm and dry.
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers great foot support.
- Prefer a hiking boot that ensures durability amidst heavy outdoor use.
Updates to Ecco Roxton
- The Ecco Roxton is a rugged, masculine snow boot that features the revolutionary Primaloft® for keeping the foot warm and dry, and a waterproof construction called GORE-TEX® that protects against wet weather conditions.
- This men’s hiking boot is constructed with FLUIDFORM™ Technology that offers great foot support. It also ensures a strong bond between the upper and sole without the downsides common to glued and/or stitched assemblies.
- The boot upper is made from a mix of smooth, full-grain leather, oil pull-up steer leather, and nubuck leather to ensure durability amidst heavy outdoor use.
Size and fit
The Ecco Roxton snow boot is available in half and full sizes. Similar to other Ecco outdoor boots, the shoe features a “Freedom Fit” which means it is made to fit a wide variety of feet. Also, the leather upper makes the boot conform to the feet, giving the wearer a snug fit.
Excellent surface traction
Ecco Roxton features a rubber, deep-treated outsole designed to give hikers durability and grip on rugged terrains. It has widely spaced lugs that provide more traction and sheds dirt (such as mud and soil) more easily.
Excellent flexibility and durability
Ecco is the only brand that uses direct-injection techniques for constructing outsoles. This process involves placing the upper into the mold and injecting liquid polyurethane (PU) to create an anatomically correct midsole/outsole. The double-injection technique results in greater flexibility and durability, as well as improved slip resistance.
This snow boot from Ecco uses a PU midsole which is heavier than EVA but is more elastic and bendable, making it suitable for rocky or uneven surfaces.
Excellent comfort and insulation
The boot comes with a 5-mm removable felt inlay sole for added comfort and insulation. And to keep the feet warm, it is built with 200-gram Primaloft® - an insulation material known for being breathable and cushiony.
Ecco Roxton is a retro-classic leather hiking boot crafted from a mix of oil Nubuck and full-grain leather. This combination gives the boot an appealing contrast of rough and smooth finish. As with other Ecco shoes, this winter boot comes with GORE-TEX® waterproof lining to help hikers and backpackers get through cold and wet weather conditions.
Completing the upper is a lacing system that locks down the midfoot to reduce in-shoe slippage. The boot is accentuated with D-ring and hooked eyelets for easy adjustability.