|Weight:||Men: 10.2oz | Women: 8.8oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 8mm | Women: 8mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Midfoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Width:||Men: Normal | Women: Normal|
Experts are runners, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
86 / 100 based on 6 expert reviews
The shoe performs just as good or better than those inov-8s with more versatility.
The Dynafit Feline Superlight trail runners are loaded with technology only Germans can deliver. The whole package functions well and provides excellent comfort combined with out-of-this-world traction.
A well-rounded shoe that does not hold back.
An exciting, technologically-advanced mountain running shoe.
A lightweight trail runner that hits a sweet spot of precision, comfort, and protection.
If you find yourself typically running on steep, rocky scree fields this shoe is for you.
- There are several features that make the Feline SL fit for running on various trail conditions. Starting off with the features on the upper, runners are given the option to hide the laces via a lace stowing stretch mesh. This extra covering keeps the laces secure, preventing them from unraveling and being cumbersome while the runner is moving. At the same time, the gaiter gives lightweight protection to the foot while keeping it in place.
- For flexibility, the upper is also equipped with Dynafit’s Adaptive Grid, which looks and functions like a bellow. This structural design provides flexibility to the upper of the shoe, permitting it to expand and contract as the foot does during running.
- To protect the tip of the toes, the Ballistic Bumper was added. Because this structure is tough, it lessens the impact felt by the toes when the runner accidentally bumps into objects on the trail such as rock, tree stumps, and the like.
- Underfoot, runners can run confidently without worrying about early signs of wear and tear. This is all thanks to the durable Alpine Outsole by Vibram which was particularly designed for alpine running. It provides a good deal of lateral stability and an enhanced grip.
- The midsole of the shoe also plays a role in supplying the shoe with favorable flexibility. This is because of Dynafit’s Multipad Midsole, which is composed of individual sole units. These structures enable the platform to be more adaptive, especially when traversing rugged terrain.
Dynafit’s Feline SL comes in regular running shoe measurements. Runners can procure these shoes in their usual running shoe sizes. The same goes for the width measurements. Medium or standard widths are available for both male and female shoe versions.
In order for the shoe to withstand rough or technical trails, Dynafit utilized the Vibram Mapping Compound on the outsole. This provides the ultimate grip on various terrains because of its chevron tread pattern.
The gripping lugs are shaped like arrowheads, some facing upwards, some downwards. This arrangement is mainly responsible for preventing the runner from slipping when on loose soil or wet surfaces.
Providing the shoe with a good amount of flexibility is the Multipad midsole. Dyanfit calls it Multipad because there are independent sole units on the midsole that adapt to the demands of the trail. Whenever the runner runs on the ground, the sole unit reacts. The same happens when the runner steps on hard terrain – the denser sole unit comes into play and protects the runner’s foot from injury while providing a good amount of energy return.
On the upper, the Dynafit Feline SL is equipped with Sensitive Fit. From the name, this technology adapts to all kinds of foot shapes, providing a snug fit without hindering the natural movement of the foot. Furthermore, this shoe feature enhances balance control and encourages muscle coordination.
On the sides, the Adaptive Grid is found. This structure seems like it is connecting the front bumper on the heel, making a streamlined structure of protection for the foot. Aside from giving the shoe some flexibility, it also improves ventilation because this structure shows off the breathable upper material. It also provides lightweight support to the sides of the midfoot.
Moving on to the lacing, Dynafit thought it convenient to add their Quick Lacing System to the shoe. This allows the runners to easily tighten or loosen the fit of the shoe based on their preference. Incorporated with the lacing system is the lacing gaiter. This featured hides the laces, preventing them from becoming an interruption while the runner is in motion. The Salomon Sense Ride 2 is another trail shoe that features a unique lacing system.
When trail running, accidentally bumping into objects is inevitable. As a solution, Dynafit added their Ballistic Bumper on the tip of the shoe. Commonly known as the tow cap, this structure lessens the impact on the foot and protects it from injury.
Inside the shoe is an Ortholite footbed, which serves as extra cushioning and an aid to other features of the midsole. Apart from that, it also keeps moisture away from the foot, delivering the benefits of a drier in-shoe environment.