Neutral / cushion / high arch
Shoes for runners who do not need any additional arch support (Around 50% of runners). Best for people with normal, high or medium high arches. See the best neutral shoes.
Stability / overpronation / normal arch
Shoes for runners who need mild to moderate arch support (Around 45% of runners). Best for runners with a low arch. See the best stability shoes.
Motion control / severe overpronation / flat feet
Shoes for runners who needs a lot of arch support. Best for runners with flat feet. See the best motion control shoes.
Good to know
Cushioned shoes for your daily easy running. Great comfort. See best shoes for daily running.
Lightweight shoes good for races, interval training, tempo runs and fartlek. Here are the best competition running shoes.
Good to know
If you want just one pair of shoes, buy a shoe for daily running.
WeightMen: 11.6ozWomen: 10.1oz
Heel to toe dropMen: 8mmWomen: 8mm
The height difference from the heel to the forefoot, also known as heel drop, toe spring, heel to toe spring or simply drop.
There are many opinions about what a good heel drop is. We do not recommend any in particular. Lean more in this video.
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
- The upper of the Dynafit Feline GTX is coated with the GORE-TEX membrane which makes the shoe waterproof. This feature enhances the versatility of the shoe, making it fit to use during any season, and in any condition – wet or dry.
- The midsole has the Multipad design which was inspired by a snow leopard’s paw. It adapts to different demands of the trail while delivering the right amount of cushioning, shock attenuation, and sufficient underfoot protection.
- On the outsole, Vibram’s Mapping Compound secures the grip and traction of the runner on the trail. It makes use of three different rubbers so the outsole can take on different terrain surfaces and conditions, ensuring that the runner doesn’t slip and slide.
- The shoe has the Sensitive Fit System which was also used on the Feline SL. This design was made to deliver a precise and snug fit. It does this without restricting the foot’s natural movement and flexion.
- For runners to quickly slip the shoe on and off, the Quick Lacing System was incorporated. This allows runners to tighten or loosen the laces with just one pull, making the process more convenient. Runners can then hide the laces under the lace protector shields to secure them.
The Dynafit Feline GTX comes in regular running shoe measurements. Runners can get their pair using their usual running shoe sizes. The same goes for the width measurements it comes in. Medium or standard widths are available for both male and female shoe versions.
For the runner to feel secure and safe on the trail, the Vibram Mapping Compound was added on the bottom of the shoe. This design makes use of three different rubbers to get the most grip and traction no matter what the terrain condition is. The Hoka One One Speedgoat 3 is another trail running shoe that utilizes a Vibram-made outsole.
The tread pattern is composed of chevron shapes that point towards different directions. The tread supplies the ultimate grip with every stride. The arrangement is mainly responsible for preventing a runner from slipping when on loose soil, wet surfaces and even on scree.
The Dynafit Feline GTX can adapt to rugged terrain easily because of its Multipad Midsole. The platform is composed of individual sole units that react to different trail demands. Whether going over soft or hard terrain, the Multipad Midsole ensures that the runner is protected as it provides enough underfoot cushioning.
The shoe was made with Dynafit’s Sensitive Fit. This was the same technology that was also introduced to the Feline SL. It allows the shoe to adapt to all kinds of foot shapes, providing a fit that feels customized, without hindering natural movement. Furthermore, it enhances balance control and encourages muscle coordination.
The Gore-Tex Membrane allows the upper to be waterproof. Despite its waterproofing trait, it was designed to be breathable, allowing water vapor to pass through. It is also lightweight, making the upper ready for all-weather use.
On the medial part, the Adaptive Grid connects the front bumper to the heel. It forms an outer layer on the sides of the upper to deliver protection and a bit of structural integrity. Its accordion-like design permits the right amount of flexibility.
Dynafit thought it convenient to add the Quick Lacing System instead of the traditional lace-up closure. This allows more convenience when tightening or loosening the fit. To make sure that the laces are protected, a stretch mesh covering sits on top of the tongue. The covering also provides a means for runners to stow the laces, so they don’t get in the way.
It is common to bump into objects while trail running. To protect the runner’s toes, Dynafit added their Ballistic Bumper on the tip of the shoe. This protective structure diminishes the impact of bumps, thereby preventing injury.
An Ortholite footbed can be found within the shoe. It serves as extra cushioning, as well as a complimenting structure to other features that keep the foot dry and the inside environment ideal.