Who should buy the Diadora Speed Blushield 5 AG
Blushield 5 AG is one of the stability shoes fitted for entry-level to intermediate players. Sliders will benefit significantly from its heavy-duty outsole with a herringbone rubber tread that extends into a toe guard.
Narrow, medium, and wide-footed wearers can find comfort in these. On the other hand, slim-footed users might need to wear double socks for improved fit. It also works for flat, neutral, and high arch players.
Who should not buy the shoe
Players hoped that the removable insole came in a thicker dimension. Players who have narrow to medium-width athletes had to wear double socks as the shoe feels extra roomy at the forefoot.
It also comes with a thick and solid upper that feels warm on foot and it’s far from being lightweight. Blushield supporters would have adored it more if it came in more colorways. If you are looking for a shoe that brings the heat in a competitive landscape with some very compelling features, you might want to check the ASICS Gel Challenger 13.
Features of the Diadora Speed Blushield 5 AG
- Diadora may be one of the underrated labels in the tennis world, but this Italian-based brand has a high-performing shoe line that offers swift response on any court setup, the Blushield. This range stands well side by side with some of the stellar collections from other brands like the stable ASICS Gel Resolution 8, speedy Adidas Ubersonic 4, and Lotto Mirage 100 SPD.
- For the 5th generation fitted for all courts, Diadora preserves the trademark Blushield cushioning technology. At the same time, they engineered this shoe with enhanced stability elements needed for explosive playability.
Diadora Speed Blushield 5 AG: what's new?
- Compared to the Blushield 4, this version is designed with a wear-resistant triple thickness wrap and denser mesh format.
- The lack of upper support found in the earlier model is addressed on the Blushield 5 AG by giving it a tighter mesh arrangement, increasing its strength and lateral support.
- Blushield technology is injected into the forefoot for increased elasticity and shock absorption. Combined with the standard EVA foam placed on the heel, the midsole is more resilient and bouncier than the previous profile.
Stable, durable, and grippy
Playtesters found the Diadora Speed Blushield 5 AG to be stable and durable, with the perfect amount of grip. Even though this shoe is on the heavy side, players never felt slowed down because it distributed the weight well.
Lightweight EVA foam
Players enjoyed its lightweight EVA foam. They stated that it renders a cushioned, supportive ride for even the most aggressive movers.
Solid and durable
Players looking for high-performance tennis shoes that feel solid and durable should definitely get a pair of the Blushield Speed 5s on their feet.