Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Have spent some time testing them, I definitely recommend the Diadora Maracana as all around high performing shoe. It is a solid cleat that supplies not only a great deal of comfort, but also value for money.
Features of the Diadora Maracana RTX 12
- While sporting a traditional look, the technologies incorporated into the construction of the Diadora Maracana RTX 12 football boot is anything but. Starting with the boots’ most striking feature which is its fold-over tongue, it creates an immediately traditional feel. It includes an elastic band similar to the Adidas Copa Gloro series that keeps the tongue folded.
- The pair also uses a kangaroo leather material for its upper’s construction. Highly sought after in football boots, this natural leather molds to the player’s foot over time, creating a personalized fit while enhancing ball touch. To hinder the football boot from overstretching, an anti-stretch lining is incorporated into its construction.
- To reinforce the overall fit is an asymmetrical lacing system. Partially hidden by the tongue, the lacing system’s construction allows for a more uniform kicking surface. For a tighter fit, the top two notches of each side of the shoe protrude by half an inch which. Additionally, an EVA insole promotes cushioning for the player's foot.
- The outsole of this football boot model is infused with Diadora's Axeler technology. Created out of a Polyurethane (PU) based material, the soleplate incorporates a total of twelve fixed studs which is ideal for firm ground courts. Shock absorption is also promoted through Double Action inserts through Fiber Tech which is incorporated in the heel area. This feature also promotes rebound for more comfortable strides on the pitch.
Fit and sizing
The Diadora Macarana RTX 12 brings a snug fit through its kangaroo leather upper. This leather allows for a personalized fit over time as it stretches and molds into the shape of the player’s foot. It is available in men’s standard sizes. An asymmetrical lacing system incorporated into a fold-over tongue has been incorporated into the football boot’s construction.
Axeler technology has been used in the construction of the Diadora Maracana RTX 12’s soleplate. Created with a PU material, the said technology allows for speedy movements on firm ground courts. For cushioning and shock absorption, Diadora Double Action inserts through Fiber Tech is used in this shoe’s construction. This element is also engineered to promote rebound.
For its configuration, there are a total of twelve studs placed in the forefoot and heel area. The forefoot combines seven arrow-shaped studs and one bladed stud in the middle. The heel area, on the hand, has four arrow-shaped studs.
An example of a football boot that sports the Diadora Axeler technology is the Axeler RTX 14.
The upper of the Diadora football boots consists of kangaroo leather. A highly treasured natural leather type, the material wraps around the player’s foot creating a customized fit. This element also allows for a good ball touch as grooves are put into the shoe’s construction. Sporting a black and yellow colorway, the Diadora Maracana RTX 12 is fashioned to a traditional shoe with a modern twist.
An asymmetrical lacing system has been incorporated into this shoe’s upper to further its fit. In addition to this, a fold-over tongue adds to the traditional feel of the shoe while partially covering the lacing system. An elastic band that keeps the tongue in place has been incorporated into the shoe’s design.
To maximize the touch of the shoe, a Touch Control feature is applied to the shoe.
- The Diadora Maracana RTX 12 football boot has a removable EVA-based insole which furthers football boot cushioning.
- The shoe weighs at 9.4 ounces.