Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Have spent some time testing them, I definitely recommend the Diadora Maracana as all around high performing shoe. It is a solid cleat that supplies not only a great deal of comfort, but also value for money.
- While sporting a traditional look, the technologies incorporated into the construction of the Diadora Maracana RTX 12 soccer cleat is anything but. Starting with the cleats’ most striking feature which is its fold-over tongue, it creates an immediately traditional feel. It includes an elastic band similar to the Adidas Copa Gloro series that keeps the tongue folded.
- The pair also uses a kangaroo leather material for its upper’s construction. Highly sought after in soccer cleats, this natural leather molds to the player’s foot over time, creating a personalized fit while enhancing ball touch. To hinder the soccer cleat from overstretching, an anti-stretch lining is incorporated into its construction.
- To reinforce the overall fit is an asymmetrical lacing system. Partially hidden by the tongue, the lacing system’s construction allows for a more uniform kicking surface. For a tighter fit, the top two notches of each side of the shoe protrude by half an inch which. Additionally, an EVA insole promotes cushioning for the player's foot.
- The outsole of this soccer cleat model is infused with Diadora's Axeler technology. Created out of a Polyurethane (PU) based material, the soleplate incorporates a total of twelve fixed studs which is ideal for firm ground courts. Shock absorption is also promoted through Double Action inserts through Fiber Tech which is incorporated in the heel area. This feature also promotes rebound for more comfortable strides on the pitch.
The Diadora Macarana RTX 12 brings a snug fit through its kangaroo leather upper. This leather allows for a personalized fit over time as it stretches and molds into the shape of the player’s foot. It is available in men’s standard sizes. An asymmetrical lacing system incorporated into a fold-over tongue has been incorporated into the soccer cleat’s construction. The lacing system found in this shoe is quite different from the traditional ones found evidently in the Adidas Samba Classic or Adidas Mundial Goal.
Axeler technology has been used in the construction of the Diadora Maracana RTX 12’s soleplate. Created with a PU material, the said technology allows for speedy movements on firm ground courts. For cushioning and shock absorption, Diadora Double Action inserts through Fiber Tech is used in this shoe’s construction. This element is also engineered to promote rebound.
For its configuration, there are a total of twelve studs placed in the forefoot and heel area. The forefoot combines seven arrow-shaped studs and one bladed stud in the middle. The heel area, on the hand, has four arrow-shaped studs.
An example of a soccer cleat that sports the Diadora Axeler technology is the Axeler RTX 14.
The upper of the Diadora soccer cleats consists of kangaroo leather. A highly treasured natural leather type, the material wraps around the player’s foot creating a customized fit. This element also allows for a good ball touch as grooves are put into the shoe’s construction. Sporting a black and yellow colorway, the Diadora Maracana RTX 12 is fashioned to a traditional shoe with a modern twist.
An asymmetrical lacing system has been incorporated into this shoe’s upper to further its fit. In addition to this, a fold-over tongue adds to the traditional feel of the shoe while partially covering the lacing system. An elastic band that keeps the tongue in place has been incorporated into the shoe’s design.
To maximize the touch of the shoe, a Touch Control feature is applied to the shoe.
- The Diadora Maracana RTX 12 soccer cleat has a removable EVA-based insole which furthers soccer cleat cushioning.
- The shoe weighs at 9.4 ounces.