Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
- Diadora Evento is a no-frills cleat that carries features especially helpful for beginners. For one, its synthetic upper is built to produce a lightweight sensation for the cleat. It is intended to promote agility for routinary sprints and tackles in a firm ground.
- To give comfort for the footbed, an EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) foam is installed in the insoles of the Diadora Evento. The liner is fixed internally to avoid any unwanted slippages. It prevents the foot from sliding around.
- The outsole is made from TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane). TPU is a common outsole material known for its flexibility. The plastic material is built for proper grip and long-lasting construction. It is proven to be lightweight and works coherently with the synthetic upper. When these two elements are combined, the cleat is likely to be free from that bulky feel.
- The outsole is processed through injection molding. It is a manufacturing process wherein the outsole material, TPU is injected into a mold. The outsole of the cleat has been carefully designed using the said process. The intricate stud shapes of Diadora Evento are made possible through this method.
The Diadora Evento has a cleat version for both men and women. Standard sizes are available for the cleat. Many users have perceived that the sizing is bigger than usual. It is recommended to go one size smaller when purchasing the cleat. The flexibility of the synthetic upper makes it a viable choice for the wide-footed. The laces positioned in the middle aids in creating a personalized fit.
The soleplate is made of TPU (Thermoplastic Urethane). It is a dense and smooth material that is resistant to splitting which means that plates made from this material are likely to last. More than its durability, it is well-known for its lightweight qualities. The lightweight sensation of the cleat is mostly brought about by this material.
The plate is composed of twelve fixed bladed studs. They appear to be triangular-shaped arranged in a basic stud pattern. Four studs are installed in the rear with two on each side. The rest of the studs are positioned in the forefoot area with one placed in the middle, four on the lateral and three on the medial side. The stud disbursement is meant to offer proper traction on a firm ground surface.
The soccer cleat’s entire upper is constructed with a synthetic material. The material produces a shiny yet sleek look for the cleat. Traditional stitches found in Diadora heritage cleats are seen across the forefoot area. It is built to avoid overstretching of the upper material. Consequently, it produces a snug fit to the cleat overall.
The Diadora logo is stitched in both the lateral and medial sides of the cleat. It is a signature look for almost all Diadora cleats.
The cleat has a central lacing system for an overall lockdown sensation. It has seven lace holes for an extended fit and stability. To protect the top of the foot, a fold-over tongue is installed. The tongue can be flapped and secured with the help of a Velcro-fastener.
- Diadora Evento has a turf version.
- The cleat is available in Blue/Yellow colorway option.