Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
89 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Lets be honest here; these boots won’t be everybody’s cup of tea. But they have a lot of quality on offer and are a welcome addition to the increasing number of heritage style boots being released to market.
- The construction of the Diadora Brasil SPA is peppered with classic elements. Starting with the upper, this heritage model sports a kangaroo leather upper which brings a traditionally soft and comfortable feel. To add to this old-timey look is the foldover tongue featuring ‘brasil’ and Italian flag branding stitched on the area.
- Because k-leather is not known for being water-resistant, Diadora took care of this by placing a layer of water-resistant material which the brand calls SuprellSoft.
- An EVA foam-based insole is used for its shock absorbing qualities.
- The stud configuration includes twelve fixed conical studs evenly distributed in the differentiated-density polyurethane soleplate. The base is designed to offer flex that exudes support and durability on firm ground surfaces.
The Diadora Brasil SPA soccer cleat brings a snug, comfortable fit. Since kangaroo leather has been used in the upper, the material hugs and molds to the wearer’s foot furthering the fit over time. The cleat is available in men’s standard sizes. A traditional lacing system similar to that of the Mizuno Rebula 2 V2 Firm Ground and the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground is integrated into the shoe’s construction to personalize its fit.
A shoe critic noted that the firm ground cleat is true to size. In addition to this, the soccer cleat is spacious in terms of width, catering to a broader range of player foot types.
A moulded Polyurethane (MDPU) is used in the construction of the soccer cleats’ outsole. Designed for firm ground courts, twelve low profile conical studs are fixed in the differentiated-density soleplate giving way to well-distributed pressure during play.
True to its classic look, the upper of the Diadora Brasil SPA soccer cleat has a kangaroo leather upper. Other than its extremely soft feel, this material boasts of the ability to mold to the wearer’s foot. To top this off is the Suprellsoft technology which is integrated into the upper to make the soccer cleat water-resistant. Enhancing ball control is the upper’s double layered stitching which is common among classic soccer cleats.
To prevent the soccer cleat from overstretching, an anti-stretch lining has been placed. Additionally, the insole is made with a Nylon synthetic and an EVA foam that effectively absorbs shock, helpful for long runs on natural firm grounds.
The brand opted to go for a foldover tongue to match the soccer cleat’s overall look. A ‘brasil’ and Italian flag branding is stitched in this area.
- The model is available is the Nero/ Giallo F colorway which means Black/Yellow Fluorescent in English.
- The cleat includes an EVA foam-based insole.