Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Good to know
Football boots are often categorized by brands into different collections based on their distinct purpose such as boots for Speed, Power or Control.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
80 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
The adidas Copa Mundial and newcomer Nike Premier are both options that many would look to first. Even Diadora’s own Maracana is stiff competition. I personally would look to those three boots before considering the Brasil Classic and that is why I am leaning towards the No side.
- The Diadora Brasil Classic Moulded PU features classic qualities that makes it at par with the all-time heritage boots such as the Adidas Mundial Goal. Its upper is made from full grain Kangaroo leather that offers a distinctly pliable feel. The padded leather brings about a soft sensation that hugs the foot snugly.
- A foldover tongue and a lacing system add up to the football boot's comfort value. These classic features are present in popular heritage boots such as the Adidas Samba Classic.
- As what its name suggests, the outsole is a molded Polyurethane (PU) known for its durability. This is due to the process that integrates the sole to the upper which lessens the chances of sole separation. On top of that, a multi-density element is installed in the outsole to bring ease in each stride.
- Another comfort element in the soccer cleat is an anti-stretch lining that gives durability internally. This type of lining protects the shoe from possible deformation against moisture.
The Diadora Brasil Classic Moulded PU is available in sizes from 6.5 to 13. The combination of the flexible sole and soft Kangaroo upper produces a fit that makes break-in time relatively quick. The toe box area provides a roomier feel that would generally suit a half size to whole size down for the narrow-footed.
Similar to its classic counterparts, the 12 conical studs are strategically placed to promote rotational maneuverability. Four studs are arranged in the heel area for solid brakes while eight studs are in the forefoot for firm ground traction. The basic stud disbursement guarantees multi-directional transitions with ease. The studs are installed in a molded PU soleplate that forms a one-piece construction with the upper which aims to provide a sturdy outsole stability.
The cushioned insole is made from molded Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA). This type of material is made from plastic that was expanded to form a foam-like density and texture. This is considered to be environment-friendly because it does not contain chlorine. Apart from that, the EVA material is proven to have energy-returning qualities resulting to a bouncy feedback. This kind of mechanism prevents overuse injuries making each firm ground run seamless.
A classic black Kangaroo leather encloses the entire upper with stitches running across the forefoot. The stitches allow flexibility of toes without overstretching. The padded leather leaves a spacious feel for the foot enough to provide barefoot sensation when striking the ball.
A lace-up enclosure ties up the upper with a long flap tongue bearing the Diadora trademark Italy flag. The same signature symbol is seen on each side of the heel. An EVA sole insert is installed in the footbed to allow spring feedback when mobile. All upper elements signal a heritage boot impression.
- Diadora is a sports equipment manufacturer based in Italy.