Reviews from around the internet
- This multifunctional shoe from Salomon is built with agility and flexibility in mind. Its anti-debris upper is created using light materials, and its Gore-Tex lining brings all-season comfort.
- The injected EVA midsole grants a cushioned and supportive ride together with a nylon shank. An Ortholite footbed creates a cozy in-shoe feel.
- The Contagrip outsole aids the user in tackling most terrain. Its profile includes pronounced boots that grip and secure foothold even on loose trails.
The Salomon OUTpath GTX caters to male and female ultralight hikers. It is offered in standard width and regular sizes. The Salomon Sensifit wraps the foot securely granting a precise fit, and the Quicklace technology, with its asymmetrical lacing layout, permits fit customization. This light hiking shoe fairly runs true to size.
Providing traction on virtually all types of terrain is the Wet Traction Contagrip outsole. The scrambling zone at the forefoot helps during climbs. The space between the center lugs has tiny protrusions which prevent muck build-up.
The midsole of this low-cut hiking shoe is made of injected EVA. This foam, together with an Ortholite footbed provides durable cushioning and comfort. A molded shank provides underfoot support and rigidity.
The Salomon OUTpath GTX has a lightweight and flexible upper, thanks to the combination of water-resistant textile and synthetic. Breathability, modest insulation and waterproofing are brought to the shoe by the Gore-Tex Performance Comfort laminate.
The Sensifit is molded into the shoe which helps maintain its structure. Its seamless construction also prevents pressure points, rendering a more comfortable walk. The trademarked Quicklace system, which includes a pocket for the excess lace, uses a durable one-pull Kevlar string which passes through the friction-free eyelets. It permits easy on and off.
Yielding protection against intrusion of trail debris is its gusseted tongue. Its toe and heel caps are discreetly designed to protect the foot while its collar is padded for comfort.
- This shoe also comes in a version without a Gore-Tex lining.
- The Independent recognized the OUTpath GTX as the Best Buy approach shoe.