|Weight:||Men: 584g | Women: 575g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 22mm | Women: 22mm|
|Width:||Narrow, Normal, Wide | Normal|
|Release date:||Dec 2016|
|Collection:||Reebok Legacy Lifter|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, White|
|SKUs:||BD1793, CN1000, CN1002, CN4607, CN4734, DV4396, DV6224, DV6225, DV6229, DV6231|
Reviews from around the internet
- 90/100 by As Many Reviews As Possible
- 98/100 by FloElite
- 95/100 by WeightliftingShoeGuide.com
- 90/100 by GYMCADDY
- 86/100 by GARAGEGYMREVIEWS
- 90/100 by Garage Gym Power
- 100/100 by Garage Gym Builder
- 98/100 by Keegan Hanks
- 98/100 by UnScared CrossFit
- 97/100 by Constantly Varied Fitness
- 97/100 by ROB MARINO
- 95/100 by Grinder's Gear Review
- 95/100 by The Barbell Spin
- 94/100 by FULLAFFECTFITNESS
- 90/100 by BarBend Blog
- 89/100 by Fitgymcache l Best Gym Tools
- 87/100 by Caffeine and Kilos
- 85/100 by THAT SQUAT BOT | Fitness Blogger in Manchester, UK
- 83/100 by BarBend
- 80/100 by The Barbell Spin
- 65/100 by West Chester Weightlifting
Video reviews and unboxing
The Reebok Legacy Lifter made a loud entrance into the world of weightlifting shoes, taking its place among the cream of the crop in this category. It’s got everything one would expect from a professional weightlifting shoe:
- A flat base with a hard-wearing rubber outsole
- A sturdy TPU wedge with the heel height of 22 mm (0.86 inches)
- A supportive leather upper with two adjustable Velcro straps
The high abrasion rubber on the outsole of the Reebok Legacy Lifter is utilized to offer a durable and grippy platform. The footprint of the shoe is designed to be flat and wide. Such disposition helps in creating a stable base for landing at the bottom of a squat.
The heel part of the midsole is made of hard TPU. It is a non-compressible material which provides sturdiness and resilience to abrasion. It has replaced wood as a new standard for weightlifting shoes due to its lighter weight and better durability.
The Legacy Lifter features a removable insole. It is meant to provide a bit of arch support for a more secure fit.
The shoe features an Ortholite Antimicrobial Sockliner. It works together with the anti-microbial lining to wick away any moisture and eliminate the chance of bacteria buildup.
75% of the upper is made of leather which wraps around the foot for a snug feel. The leather is perforated around the toe box for ventilation, while some mesh is placed in the ankle area for added comfort and breathability.
The heel of the trainer is embraced by the Exoframe TPU strap. It serves to give the rearfoot added support and steadiness during lifts.
The Reebok Legacy lifter utilizes the Flexcage technology in the form of two Velcro straps for enhanced lateral support. The upper strap goes across the midfoot, while the lower one is placed just above the toes. Such a system ensures full security for the foot while allowing the athlete to adjust tightness according to their preference.
The upper strap has a Velcro-free gap in the middle. The shoelaces can be placed in this section without being ruined by the Velcro.
In early 2020, the Lifter received a new twist in the form of a Flexweave upper. This material is already known to Reebok's fans through the brand's top cross-trainers like the Nano 9. This proprietary fabric has been highly praised for mixing flexibility, breathability, and resilience. Used in CrossFit shoes, Flexweave undergoes constant rubbing against the ropes and other equipment and yet its durability has received mostly positive feedback.
The addition of the material to the vamp and toe box of the Reebok Legacy Lifter is meant to add a few benefits to the shoe:
- Make the forefoot a bit more flexible. There has been a tendency to make weightlifting shoes a bit more pliable in the front to improve comfort and ground feel;
- Increase overall breathability. It's quite common for lifters to get toasty especially when they employ a full-leather upper;
- Improve comfort. The Flexweave is described to create a more form-fitting coverage which may give more comfort than the traditional leather material.