|Features:||Lightweight | Breathable | Orthotic friendly|
|Weight:||Men: 444g | Women: 378g|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Material:||Leather, Mesh upper, Rubber sole, Suede, Vibram sole|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Grey|
|SKUs:||J12055, J12057, J12059, J12060, J12061|
Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Merrell Chameleon 7 is a low-cut hiking shoe designed for excursions in dry and humid environments. Its upper is made of suede, nubuck leather, and mesh to achieve a balance between durability and breathability.
- The seventh iteration of this Merrell product features an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. It works with Merrell’s Air Cushion and FlexPlate technology to provide lightweight cushioning, torsional rigidity, and shock absorbency to your every stride. A Vibram TC5+ outsole helps secure the user’s footing on virtually all types of terrain.
The Chameleon 7 is a relatively true-to-size Merrell hiking shoe for male and female adventurers. It is offered in whole and half sizes. The footgear’s closure system grants a customized and secure fit. Moreover, this shoe only comes in standard width.
Merrell’s Chameleon 7 uses a Vibram TC5+ outsole to render traction on challenging terrain. Its profile is filled with 3mm circular lugs to deliver grip on dry and slippery surfaces. The sole’s forefoot and heel section contain grooves for enhanced control in uphill and downhill conditions. Also, its front section extends upward to prevent stubbing on the trail.
Granting Merrell Chameleon 7 users a cushioned ride is its EVA midsole. It’s paired with a lightweight FlexPlate to make the gear more rigid to prevent the user’s foot from twisting the wrong way. A Merrell Air Cushion is located at the heel to reduce shock.
This Merrell product features a Kinetic Fit Base removable insole. It functions by amplifying underfoot comfort and granting arch support. A molded heel counter made of thermoplastic polyurethane can be found at the back for extra stability.
The Merrell Chameleon 7 is equipped with an upper made of suede and nubuck leather. The combination of these two materials makes this gear resistant to abrasions and harsh ground conditions. There are also panels of mesh fabric in the upper for improved airflow.
The day hiking shoe’s forefoot is reinforced with a robust rubber toe cap. It heightens durability and provides extra protection from various trail obstacles. The gear’s closure system consists of several eyelets and hooks for fit management. It has a bellows tongue to prevent debris from entering this Merrell hiker. In addition, a pull tab is situated at the collar’s rear to facilitate easy on and off.
Regular care and maintenance will help preserve the quality of Merrell’s Chameleon 7. Shown below are several tips to keep it in good condition:
- Use a soft-bristled brush to eliminate traces of dirt and debris on the shoe’s surface.
- Create a cleaning solution from mild soap and water. Use this mixture to wash the gear.
- Remove the footbed and laces to gain better access to those hard-to-reach areas of the low-cut hiker.
- Rinse off all soap residue from the footwear product to prevent attracting more dirt.
- Leave the Merrell Chameleon 7 in an airy spot to dry. Do not place this pair near any direct source of heat as it would affect its quality.
- Apply a cream conditioning product on the upper’s leather portion to make it last longer.