Overview of this review
DC Skyline: An all-rounder city dweller
DC is one of the skate-centric brands that emerged from the concrete jungle and is widely known to bring joy to big kids who became residents of skate parks. From its popular skate silo, the brand ventured into sneaker production as skate culture gradually wedded with streetwear fashion.
Innovation has been part of its core, and DC Skyline is one of its street-ready pickups meant for skaters and non-skaters alike. Its liberally padded build makes it an ideal choice for daily wear.
- Sturdy and lightweight Unilite midsole that supports skaters during harsh landings and regular sneaker users on repeated pounding on concrete
- Injection-molded PU helps curb all the shock and minimize pressure under the foot.
- OrthoLite footbed isn’t only impact-absorbing but moisture-wicking too
- Micro rubber pods are meant to grant extra grip on concrete streets
- Rubber toe cap for long-lasting skateboarding
- Foam padded tongue and collar for enhanced comfort
Side by side with other DC stars
- DC Lynx, a favorite among diehard DC Shoes loyalists, also offers a similar vibe as the DC Skyline as it beams with the ultralight Unilite cushioning system. This flagship DC skate-turned go-to sneaker is priced a little over the Skyline.
- DC Infinite also lands among the budget-friendly options from the brand. It aces in durability, but since it’s made with a vulcanized sole, it doesn’t have the liberal cushioning as that on the DC Skyline.