Who should buy the Danner Rivercomber
The Danner Rivercomber might offer a gratifying experience on the trail because of its set of strengths. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that delivers performance and comfort for water hiking trips.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that is crafted to be lightweight and abrasion-resistant.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that has a drainable design for wet environments.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that grants sufficient traction, especially on slippery surfaces.
Updates to Danner Rivercomber
- The Rivercomber is an outdoor shoe engineered by Danner to deliver performance and comfort for water hiking trips. Its lightweight Cordura knit upper is crafted to be lightweight and abrasion-resistant.
- Apart from providing stability, this Danner footgear’s Plyogo ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole also sports a drainable design for wet environments. Its Vibram Rivercomber outsole grants sufficient traction, especially on slippery surfaces.
Size and fit
The Danner Rivercomber is low-top water hiking shoe for male and female adventurers. Its built-in stretchable tongue works in tandem with a lacing system that gives a secure lockdown.
This Danner offering is built using a DT6.4MM last. It has a 4mm offset from the heel to the toe, which gives a natural underfoot feel. It also offers more width in the forefoot area for added stability.
Improved grip on watery and slippery surfaces
This outdoor shoe from Danner comes with a Vibram Rivercomber non-marking outsole. It uses a patented Wavegrip technology from Vibram, which moves water away from its surface. This feature results in an improved grip on watery and slippery surfaces.
Provides protection from accidental bumps
The outsole’s front end covers a portion of the toe box to provide shielding from accidental bumps.
The men’s and women’s Danner Rivercomber uses a patented Plyogo outsole. It is made of lightweight EVA foam, which renders a cushioned ride while absorbing shock from uneven trails.
It features a quick-drying and drainable design for wet encounters. A nylon shank is integrated into the midsole to deliver rigidity and underfoot protection.
Excellent arch support
This Danner hiking shoe sports a removable Ortholite footbed. It has three layers of varying density to deliver cushioning, arch support, and underfoot comfort. The footbed’s open-cell polyurethane (PU) is also engineered to dissipate heat to optimize breathability.
Provides trail protection and durability
The Danner Rivercomber is equipped with a quick-drying knit upper made of Cordura fabric. This material is known to be lightweight, breathable, and resistant to abrasion. Its forefoot region contains a rubberized cap for trail protection and durability. The rearfoot zone houses a molded counter, which yields heel support and security.
The Rivercomber employs a built-in stretchable tongue, fabric eyelets, and around lace for fit management. A pair of pull tabs are found on the back of the collar and on the tongue. These components aid the user in getting easy on and off from the footwear.
Nice to know
- Outdoor lovers who need a sturdier low-top pair for day hikes may want to consider the Merrell Moab 2 GTX.