Experts are soccer players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
97 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
Out of the box, the shoe fits pretty comfortably. There's not a whole lot to complain about in that department. But I have to say I'm not crazy about the overall shape, mainly in the toebox area. It has a kind of an oddly pointed toe which I don't mind but I know a lot of people don't necessarily like that so that's worth keeping in mind. The other thing that I immediately notice when I put these on and tie the laces tight is that every subtle little movement has a kind of stretch to the upper. There's a lack of structure to this synthetic material.
At the end of the day, Concave Volt performed exactly as I thought it would. The synthetic was nice and soft and offered a great barefoot touch on the ball. And the Powerstrike technology in the laces did add some accuracy and what felt like to me, a little bit more power on all my shots.
Unlike older model Concave boots, where their was an unnecessary adjustment period with the added technology, here you get to actually enjoy the boot and experience the added technology as a bonus, if it works for you. From my experience, I never found myself using the Concave Component unless I was awkwardly trying to purposely use it. In that respect, it didn’t do much for me and just sat as a feature on the boot. Other than that I enjoyed the boot and look forward to seeing where Concave take this boot to next.
- Stemming from a design idea by Alan Gerrand and Cobalt Niche, Concave soccer cleats have differentiated itself from the rest due to its concept. Aptly named Concave, the brand’s line of soccer cleats sport a concave element that creates, you guessed it, a concave shape when hitting the ball.
- It’s no accident that this model is dubbed as Concave’s lightest cleat yet. The Concave Volt+ FG soccer cleat has been specially designed for speed and power. Sporting several technological innovations starting with the upper, the model sports a microfiber material which is engineered to be soft and lightweight leaving a genuinely barefoot feel for players.
- While the lightweight upper used caters to the cleat’s speed, an innovation geared towards power is Concave’s Powerstrike technology. This feature allows for more surface area and creates a concave shape when striking the ball. This characteristic gives way to a more considerable striking power.
- A central lacing system has been integrated into the upper to provide a more customized fit for the players.
- The outsole construction of this model is created from Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU)-injected material which is a usual element among soccer cleats. This is because the material is well-known for traction on firm ground courts. The stud configuration consists of twelve oval-shaped studs placed in the forefoot and heel area.
The Concave Volt+ Firm Ground soccer cleat delivers a comfortable fit given that that enough break-in time was allotted for the cleat. It is available in men’s standard sizes ranging from sizes 7.5 to 12. A central lacing system is integrated into the upper to further the shoe’s fit. This is similar to the Mizuno Rebula 2 V2 Firm Ground and the New Balance Furon 4.0 Pro Firm Ground soccer cleats. The pair fits true to size.
Constructed out of a TPU-injected material, the outsole of the Concave Volt+ Firm Ground soccer cleat has a stud configuration designed for maximum traction in firm ground courts. There are a total of twelve oval-shaped studs integrated into the soleplate with four studs in the heel area and eight peppered in the forefoot.
The upper of the Concave Volt+ Firm Ground soccer cleat has been created with Microfiber material that not only brings softness to players but also delivers durability, and a lightweight feel.
This soccer cleat is designed with a traditional lacing system to allow for a more customized fit.
Concave’s Powerstrike technology has been incorporated into all of the brand’s soccer cleat construction; a feature that lends way to power and shooting accuracy. The brand achieved this by allowing for a larger striking area, unlike the average soccer cleat. The construction involves a small part that bends inwards when striking the ball which forms into a concave shape, a name apt for the model.
- The Concave Volt+ Firm Ground soccer cleat is available in several colorways including lime/ black, red/ silver, silver/ blue, black/ gold and white/ pink.
- The shoe weighs at 7.5 ounces.