Football boots with sock-like extension above the ankle level for added protection and support. the best high top fooball boots.
Football boots that offer coverage until the ankle level for extra stability. See the best mid top football boots.
Traditional football boots without collars or extensions for maximum mobility. See the best low top football boots.
Good to know
Choosing the best collar height is a matter of personal preference and is not dependent on the type of surface played. More info here
Football boots that provide rotational and aggressive traction on firm or dry natural grass. See the best FG boots.
Football boots with flat, anti-slip rubber outsole great for indoor courts. See the best IC boots.
Football boots with durable rubber outsole designed for excellent grip on short-piled synthetic grass. See the best Turf boots.
Low-profile, hollow-studded football boots intended for long-piled synthetic grass. See the best AG boots.
Football boots built for street, dirt, concrete and polished pitches and also doubles as a casual wear. See the best Street football boots.
Football boots that are built for more than one type of surface. See the best Flexible Ground Football boots.
Experts are football players, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
92 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
They are not a boot I’d invest my money in, primarily because they are a little too clunky and the added power element is not something that I need on a boot. But they are comfortable on foot, provide some protection across the upper and do offer some additional power for those that want to take striking the ball to the next level.
The concept of the boot is simple; a proper power boot. This is what a true attackers boot looks like, geared towards power, control and aggression. This is a true old school power boot, which you cannot find from the big brands anymore. I would definitely pick these as my weapons of choice for match day.
Overall, the Concave Halo+ proves to be a solid boot. At a more competitive price compared to other brands, the Halo+ provides a real solution for the footballing purist. Look good. Feel good. No complaints.
Features of the Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground
- The Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground is part of the second release of the popular Australian brand, Concave. Beneath its old-school aesthetic are several modern features that are not yet seen in football boots from other brands. This complicated boot aims to improve the shooting power of attack-minded finishers and playmakers.
- This football boot is fitted with a premium calf leather upper. The soft material, together with the F3 (Football Form Fit) dual lacing system, molds and follows the natural curves of the foot creating an extremely comfortable fit. There are several rubberized details in the forefoot that provide excellent grip on the ball.
- A unique feature to the Concave silo is the Power Strike technology sitting on top of the laces. It enhances the rebound while reducing the impact when striking the ball. Also, it adds a layer of protection on the forefoot, which can be useful for a power boot like the Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground.
- It is engineered with a lightweight thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) outsole that is both supportive and responsive on the pitch. The Hybrid Ground soleplate comes with bladed studs that offer aggressive traction and controlled stability on firm ground (FG) pitches.
Fit and Sizing
The Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground comes in sizes 6.5 to 11.5 in men’s version. This football boot runs half a size large lengthwise and is a bit roomy widthwise. It is perfect for players who have wide feet. For players who have narrow feet, it is recommended that they get a pair that is half a size smaller to get the right fit.
The upper of the Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground is made of high-quality calf leather material. It is incredibly soft to the touch and effectively adapts to the shape of the foot. The leather works well with Concave’s F3 (Football Form Fit) dual lacing system in providing a snug custom fit and feel.
Sitting atop the laces is the new Power Strike technology. The concept behind this patented innovation is to create a better strike zone for a more powerful and accurate strike. The Power Strike also offers an added protection to the forefoot - an area that is often left vulnerable.
The forefoot of the upper features fin-shaped rubberized weldings that enhance the shooting and releasing of the ball. They provide additional grip for excellent ball touch and reaction.
A breathable mesh runs on the lateral side to the heel of the Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground. It prevents the foot from overheating during the 90-minute game.
On the inside of this football boot are an innovative Fusion lining and a cushion pass pad for excellent in-shoe comfort. Also, an ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) insole is present for enhanced underfoot cushioning.
The Concave Halo + Leather Firm Ground utilizes the Hybrid Firm Ground outsole. It is a transparent TPU injection soleplate that provides the necessary support and responsiveness to play the game.
Its stud configuration is comprised of 11 droplet-shaped studs and one support stud at the center of the forefoot. They are great for making quick accelerations and aggressive traction on firm natural grass.
- The Concave Halo + Firm Ground is also available in synthetic microfiber, as is the case with Concave Volt+ Firm Ground.
- This football boot was released in 2017.