Who should buy the Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped
The Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped is a likable option for female hikers. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides sufficient performance for single-day hikes.
- Prefer a hiking boot that prevents water from entering.
- Prefer a hiking boot that helps hikers tackle most types of terrain with ample traction.
Updates to Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped
- The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped is an outdoor boot crafted by Columbia to give female adventurers sufficient performance for single-day hikes. Its suede and full-grain leather upper contains a patented Omni-Tech laminate to prevent water from entering the footgear.
- Users are able to traverse trails with a cushioned ride, thanks to the boot’s Techlite ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. Moreover, it possesses an Omni-Grip rubber outsole to help hikers tackle most types of terrain with ample traction.
Size and fit
The Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped is a mid-top hiking boot designed for women. It sports a traditional lacing system, which grants a secure and adjustable lockdown. The footgear’s padded tongue and collar deliver a plush fit around the wearer’s ankle area.
Excellent terrain grip
This waterproof boot for hikers uses Columbia’s proprietary Omni-Grip rubber outsole. The profile of this component sports a pattern of triangular lugs to render grip on varied terrain, including slippery surfaces. Its forefoot and rearfoot zones contain several grooves to give added control when tackling uphill and downhill conditions.
Excellent heel brake
A heel brake is integrated into its design for extra stopping power. Its front section acts as a protective barrier against various trail hazards.
The Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped is equipped with a Techlite midsole made of lightweight EVA foam. This material is engineered to deliver cushioning while absorbing impact from harsh ground conditions.
It also yields a high-energy return to the user’s every stride. A footbed sits on top of this component for extra comfort underfoot.
Durable and abrasion-resistant
The Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped hiking boot features an upper that combines both suede and full-grain leather. These materials imbue the hiker with durability and abrasion resistance.
An Omni-Tech membrane is embedded into the upper to prevent water intrusions. The surface of this trademarked technology also allows excess heat and moisture to pass through, making it breathable.
Excellent trail protection
This hiking boot from Columbia employs a series of metal D-rings and hooks to help the wearer manage its fit. Its heel area comes with a counter made of scratch-resistant rubber for extra trail protection and support. A mesh tongue is integrated into the upper to optimize air circulation.
Nice to know
- Female buyers who require a lighter pair for day hikes may want to consider the Keen Terradora.