For multi-day trips with a heavy pack. Manufacturers emphasize durability and support in the creation of backpacking boots. See backpacking boots
Designed for users who want to cover a greater distance by going fast, usually with a light pack. See speed hiking shoes.
Boots that grant insulation to the user during hikes. See winter hiking boots.
Mainly sandals. Aside from hiking they can be used for other purposes such as water activities. See multi-sport hiking sandals.
Good to know
Casual hikers can choose day hiking footwear or multi-sport sandals. More info here.
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Narrow, Normal, Wide, X-Wide
Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
98 / 100 based on 2 expert reviews
I have high arches and love the support that the footbed gives my feet.
They’re the perfect lightweight hiker, especially when you’ve got creeks to cross and lakes to dip your feet in.
- Chaco created the Z/Cloud X2 upper with a polyester jacquard webbing. It comes a toe loop for a more secure stride and movement. The heel risers are made adjustable to take in a variety of foot types comfortably.
- Its midsole is powered by the brand-patented technology, LUVSEAT, which is podiatrist-certified. An additional layer of soft cushioning is added thru the Cloud feature. Also, an antimicrobial agent is applied to maintain an odor-free sandal.
- Chaco Z/Cloud X2 uses the ChacoGrip outsole, which was extensively tested outdoors, promises a top-level degree of grip. It is designed to perform under various surface conditions.
A multi-sport sandal for the ladies, the Chaco Z/Cloud X2 is available in medium and wide widths. It is offered in a standard range of whole sizes. It generally runs true to length and width. To give users optimal fit customization, the heel risers are made adjustable. It allows the sandal to accommodate a wider range of foot types without blistering and causing any pain.
The Z/Cloud X2 has a ChacoGrip outsole which balances traction and durability. This rubber material is non-marking and has a 3 mm lug depth for a grippy ride. Its composition is designed for optimal performance on wet and dry surfaces.
The proprietary midsole of Chaco, the LUVSEAT, powers the Z/Cloud X2. It follows the contours of the wearer’s foot for optimal comfort. It also provides a decent amount of arch support that stabilizes the user under various conditions. Likewise, the heel cup absorbs pressure and controls pronation. With a polyurethane (PU) compound, this multi-sport sandal is durable and wear-resistant.
Additionally, it is equipped with the Cloud technology for cushioning. Antimicrobial treatment is applied to control odor and maintain the sandals’ freshness.
The upper of the Z/Cloud X2 uses a double-strapped, durable and abrasion-resistant material—the polyester jacquard webbing. Its woven construction is developed to maintain long-lasting surface integrity after undergoing a stringent process in a machine. The toe loop allows a steadier step while an injection-molded ladder lock buckle is used to secure the foot in place.
- Those who want a pair of Z/Cloud X2 can customize their sandals at an additional cost via the Chaco website. Interested individuals can select the design of the main straps, heel leash and riser, buckle and buckle strap, stitching, and logo badge. Buyers can also choose their preferred footbed and outsole. An embroidered text can also be added for a more personalized design.
- The Chaco Z/Cloud X2 has a vegan-friendly construction.
- The Rechaco is a service from the brand that enables owners to have their sandals repaired at a cost, as necessary. It is available for Z1, Z2, ZX1 and ZX2. The site lists options that include the parts that Rechaco can repair.
- Chaco recommends “flossing” the sandals by using a fabric softener. This process facilitates removal of dirt in the areas where the straps enter. It is done by drenching the straps and squirting fabric softener on the slots then pulling the straps back and forth.